The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2009, 02:33 PM

cromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nice
Default God blessed Wyoming....again!

We got up to the river around 5pm Friday night, set up camp and hit the water. The water was a little higher than I expected and we couldn't cross to the place we wanted to, so we started thowing with what water we had. Right off the bat a cutt(measured exactly 19") hit a yellow foam hopper, he was in 2 or 3 ft of water. This would be the only fish of the day. We should of payed more attention to the depth of water I caught him in cause we kept moving on trying to get into a little deeper water, oh well.
I was throwing a yellow foam hopper with a beadhead bird of prey in tan as the dropper. The caddis were coming off consistently till dark but couldn't get another take.
Saturday was another story. I Started with the same rig and and focused the on the shallow water before tromping out to deeper runs. Right of the bat my buddy missed a take to his foam army ant, he said he wasn't expecting a take.
To make a long story short, the cutts were in the shallows and the hopper-dropper was the ticket. We wanted to get into some bows and browns and after our full of cutts, we nymphed in a deeper water. It was a great trip and we hope to get back a few times before winter. Here are pics of some fish and the river.
Enjoy,
Clint

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: God blessed Wyoming....again!

Congrats Clint...thanks for the pics the cuts are gorgeous'I've never caught one
Old 08-23-2009, 02:55 PM

butchhe is on a distinguished road

Thanks for posting the pics. Those are beautiful fish you caught. Congrats.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:35 PM

2PawsRiver will become famous soon enough

Great pics, what is the fish in the 6th pic from the top.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:29 PM

cromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PawsRiver View Post
Great pics, what is the fish in the 6th pic from the top.
Thanks for the comments guys! The 6th pic is a brown trout, beautiful!

Clint
Old 08-23-2009, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a great trip Clint. Have you got any more pics?

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 08-23-2009, 09:34 PM

rustydeej is on a distinguished road

Wow! those fish are well fed. Nice pics. Looks like the North Platte?

Rusty
Old 08-23-2009, 10:46 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Clint: Well done, and very nice work on the photos! I'm definitely going to have to make a trip ove there before winter sets in. Would love to do a float.

Larry
Old 08-24-2009, 12:40 PM

Lambster has a spectacular aura aboutLambster has a spectacular aura about

Dang thems some real nice Trout! Larry I hope we catch some like that when we come out in July! Heavy fat fish means quality water and food content..... it does look like the platte River! Tight Lines!

Lambster
Old 08-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Clint I forgot to tell you that you need to get rid of that 'WX' hat, I could pick up a much better lookin one for you from Fremont....

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*