The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2011, 02:08 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spring Break on the San Juan

It's been a long cold winter in Wyoming and I have been Jones'ng to get out and do some fishing so I took a few days off work and went down to the San Juan River. The wx was absolutely perfect mid-60's with virtually no wind, the water was a little off color due to the reservoir turning over, but the fish were willing to come out and play. I didn't land any real monsters the San Juan is famous for but I did land some nice healthy trout, but most of all had a great time:
Click the image to open in full size.

Larry

Old 03-19-2011, 02:15 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spring Break on the San Juan

Excellent! Good for you! Gotta go...the ark isn't finished and looks like it's time here in Ca...-Mike
Old 03-19-2011, 02:17 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

Awesome! I could use a dose of that medicine myself! Snow is almost gone down low, but the mountains are another story here.
Sixty degrees?? What's that??
Jealously,
Gary
Old 03-19-2011, 08:45 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold

Larry,

Those are exactly the trout I caught a year or so ago, but they were a lot bigger then (at least, that's what I told everyone).
Old 03-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Those browns are just plain pretty Larry, I'm glad to see them in your hand.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;