The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 02:40 PM

Biggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud of
Default Can't trust the Weatherman!

Well the our local weather forecaster was kind of right but his snowfall totals for this Winter Storm warning were a little off. We were issued a Winter Storm Advisory for Wednesday night and into Thursday morning with snow levels down to around 5000 feet with 2-6 inches possible. It did start to rain last night around 8 pm and I woke up to this scene in my driveway!

Click the image to open in full size.

The first foot fell overnight and boy was it wet, heavy and miserable to shovel out of the driveway, by the way snow blowers are for wusses. It is still snowing at a rate of about 3 inches per hour, I know this because I had to shovel the driveway and walks an hour after the first shoveling escapade. Hopefully it keeps coming and reminds folks that Montana has some bad winters. Here's a few more pics of the storm as well as why the snow makes fisherman happy.

Gerry on the Mo.

Larry's Mo Bow.

Thank God for High Vis Parachutes during a Mo BWO Hatch!

Old 11-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can't trust the Weatherman!

It's not a showboat ....it's a snowboatyour brown is gorgeous ...what a beautiful fish!
Old 11-12-2009, 03:36 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Wow. Nice snow hatch!!!
The fishes ain't bad either.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

"BRRR.....ok I'm going back in the house!!"
Cool pics.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 11-12-2009, 05:23 PM

Biggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbfly View Post
It's not a showboat ....it's a snowboatyour brown is gorgeous ...what a beautiful fish!
We've gotten several more inches of snow since I took the photo's and I will post a follow up photo when mother nature is done having her way with us.

I guess you could say we got a boat load of snow from this storm!