The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 03:03 PM

2PawsRiver will become famous soon enough
Default Green River/Roaring Fork

Two years ago we did a hike around Osborne Mountain, starting at the Green River, hiking across to the Roaring Fork.

Just looking to cut a couple miles of the trip and cross the Green where the Roaring Fork ties in, then hiking up the Roaring Fork Valley to Crecent Lake.

Just wondering if anybody was familiar with the area.....Can we cross it there.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:48 PM

flytyer_neal has a spectacular aura aboutflytyer_neal has a spectacular aura aboutflytyer_neal has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Green River/Roaring Fork

are you talking Utah/Colorado areas?
Old 01-14-2010, 12:33 AM

It would actually be the Wyoming area. About 25 miles north of Pinedale Wyoming. About 5 miles down from the Green Lakes.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:45 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi 2Paws,

I have fished the Green in that area but not quite to the Roaring Fork. The Green is a good sized river in that area. Where I was fishing there was no way to cross the river. But, I wasn't looking for a place either. I would call the fly shop in Pinedale and ask them what they think.

I take that back We did fish an area that we drove two and was able to wade across the river. I remember the area because there was a bunch of White Fish where we were at.

I still think the Shop at Pinedale is your best bet.

Frank
Old 01-15-2010, 12:35 AM

Thanks Frank, will give them a call.