Gunnison river.... 1-23-10

flytyer_neal

Reaction score
Wasn't too cold even though it had just snowed and was snowing when we got there.....I took a couple pics...one of my fishing partner Bobby

and this is me

I took these with my phone, busted my camera last time...( must get camera ! ) anyway, when we first got there it started snowing....once we crossed the north fork and started up the south fork we started to see some sun. I led off with a midge/San Juan rig as bobby went with an egg and San Juan....I hooked up first and after a lengthy battle landed a nice 18" bow.....fat, which is surprising for this time of year, next Bobby had two long distance releases, he never did get a fish to net, next I switched to of all things a San Juan/ yellow stone rig, hooked up again...the clouds kept rolling past giving moments of sunshine while I fought another nice bow, a little bigger than the first. Wasn't until about 3pm that I hooked my last bow pushing 20"..this one took the yellow stone...my 4x was screaming as my reel peeled off backing....now the clouds are here to stay...the temp drops like a rock, I land that bad boy....and as I watch him swim away to join the others that fought so well this day, I notice the sun is now behind the mountain, and we make for the truck, and the heater...what a beautiful but brisk day.....

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Neal: Nice fishing report and boy it does look COLD there, but sounds like you two had a good time on the water and hooked into some nice fish! Congrats!

Larry

simmons_j_m

Reaction score
Sounds like a blast... sometimes the best fishing is when no one else would dare venture into the wild... congrats!