The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 12:37 AM

flytyer_neal has a spectacular aura aboutflytyer_neal has a spectacular aura aboutflytyer_neal has a spectacular aura about
Default Gunnison river.... 1-23-10

Wasn't too cold even though it had just snowed and was snowing when we got there.....I took a couple pics...one of my fishing partner Bobby
Click the image to open in full size.
and this is me
Click the image to open in full size.
I took these with my phone, busted my camera last time...( must get camera ! ) anyway, when we first got there it started snowing....once we crossed the north fork and started up the south fork we started to see some sun. I led off with a midge/San Juan rig as bobby went with an egg and San Juan....I hooked up first and after a lengthy battle landed a nice 18" bow.....fat, which is surprising for this time of year, next Bobby had two long distance releases, he never did get a fish to net, next I switched to of all things a San Juan/ yellow stone rig, hooked up again...the clouds kept rolling past giving moments of sunshine while I fought another nice bow, a little bigger than the first. Wasn't until about 3pm that I hooked my last bow pushing 20"..this one took the yellow stone...my 4x was screaming as my reel peeled off backing....now the clouds are here to stay...the temp drops like a rock, I land that bad boy....and as I watch him swim away to join the others that fought so well this day, I notice the sun is now behind the mountain, and we make for the truck, and the heater...what a beautiful but brisk day.....
Old 01-24-2010, 12:48 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gunnison river.... 1-23-10

Neal: Nice fishing report and boy it does look COLD there, but sounds like you two had a good time on the water and hooked into some nice fish! Congrats!

Larry
Old 01-24-2010, 12:52 AM

simmons_j_m is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a blast... sometimes the best fishing is when no one else would dare venture into the wild... congrats!
Old 01-24-2010, 06:34 AM

dmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura about

man that sounds like fun!

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:04 AM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Sounds like a great day
Bear