Idaho's Access Yes Program

fish_gypsy

Reaction score
We have a few more inches of snow piled up here this morning, and I've begun daydreaming about this summer's fishing. Several college friends and I typically take a trip to Yellowstone and fish each summer, but I'm thinking about branching out and trying something new.

I was looking at fishing options around Salmon, Idaho, and came across the state's Access Yes program, whereby private landowners allow limited public access to their lands. Does anyone have experience with the program or with fishing in the Salmon-Challis National Forest?

coltonwynn

Reaction score
We have a few more inches of snow piled up here this morning, and I've begun daydreaming about this summer's fishing. Several college friends and I typically take a trip to Yellowstone and fish each summer, but I'm thinking about branching out and trying something new.

I was looking at fishing options around Salmon, Idaho, and came across the state's Access Yes program, whereby private landowners allow limited public access to their lands. Does anyone have experience with the program or with fishing in the Salmon-Challis National Forest?

Not much info on access yes because I grew up in a small town in idaho were every one was welcomed on every ones land but my main question is why salmod chalis area? your about 2 hours away from one of the most popular fishing towns in the world on the montana side?? if you are after steelies or salmon I understand