The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2011, 11:50 AM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of
Default Re: Ruby river Montana

I was lucky enough to be in that area in early August. The Ruby was very high and off color below the dam. There are a few creeks in the area that were fishing great and I saw no other anglers on them at all. If you like to "hopper/dropper" with your small stream rod it was off the hook...

The Ruby
Click the image to open in full size.

Small stream treasure
Click the image to open in full size.

-Mike
Old 10-19-2011, 11:56 AM

Location: Bozeman, MT and Sheridan, WY but now Houston, Texas
MTskibum has a spectacular aura aboutMTskibum has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
How is mud school going? Do you know where they are sending you yet?

Dave
Mudschool is going well.

I am going to north dakota afterwards, which is nice working the 2 week on, 2 week off schedule, I can drive to wyoming and stay with my parents in my offtime.

I got into a training program where I will be sent all over the world, spending 3 months at a time in different locations doing various tasks for a period of 3 years. After being a mud engineer, the next task I believe for me is treating frackwater.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:49 AM

jimbaker488 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTskibum View Post
Mudschool is going well.

I am going to north dakota afterwards, which is nice working the 2 week on, 2 week off schedule, I can drive to wyoming and stay with my parents in my offtime.

I got into a training program where I will be sent all over the world, spending 3 months at a time in different locations doing various tasks for a period of 3 years. After being a mud engineer, the next task I believe for me is treating frackwater.
Who are you getting your training with in Houston - Halliburton, Schlumberger, Baker Hughes, or somebody else ? Sounds like a great opportunity for you.
Thanks for the invite for fishing in this area, but I pretty much restrict my fishing for out west in the Rockies when I go out there.
Here's something for you though: "http://www.2coolfishing.com" is a website dominated by a lot of Texans who are into Fly-Fishing among other things.
If you haven't been there, check it out because you might be able to hook-up with some locals who go out fishing on the Gulf regularly.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:50 PM

Location: Bozeman, MT and Sheridan, WY but now Houston, Texas
MTskibum has a spectacular aura aboutMTskibum has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbaker488 View Post
Who are you getting your training with in Houston - Halliburton, Schlumberger, Baker Hughes, or somebody else ? Sounds like a great opportunity for you.
Thanks for the invite for fishing in this area, but I pretty much restrict my fishing for out west in the Rockies when I go out there.
Here's something for you though: "http://www.2coolfishing.com" is a website dominated by a lot of Texans who are into Fly-Fishing among other things.
If you haven't been there, check it out because you might be able to hook-up with some locals who go out fishing on the Gulf regularly.

I have spent my whole life fishing for trout in the rocky mountains. I hope to go out fishing once while i am down in houston. I brought both my 8 wt and a spinning rod.

I am working for schlumberger.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:56 AM

jimbaker488 is on a distinguished road

Any reports for the Ruby River ?