The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2010, 08:55 AM

flytyer_neal has a spectacular aura aboutflytyer_neal has a spectacular aura aboutflytyer_neal has a spectacular aura about
Default Gunnison River 2-13-10

what started out as a great day....turned out very cold for me, my partner caught a nice brown, then I fell hard....water down my waders....temp was about 32 outside.....needless to say I was done, after i covered myself with all the jackets, and warmed up...we left....Click the image to open in full size.
here is my partner and my son
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:32 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gunnison River 2-13-10

Neal: Sorry to hear about the fall, but I enjoyed looking at your photos! That had to be COLD!

Larry
Old 02-14-2010, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Neal,

Was it a stumble or a slip fall? Do you were cleats? I know that with the whirling epidemic there are many rules about foot wear but are rubber soles with carbide cleats legal and do you have them?
Old 02-14-2010, 11:32 AM

flytyer_neal has a spectacular aura aboutflytyer_neal has a spectacular aura aboutflytyer_neal has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Neal,

Was it a stumble or a slip fall? Do you were cleats? I know that with the whirling epidemic there are many rules about foot wear but are rubber soles with carbide cleats legal and do you have them?
It was a stumble, a face planter, my son was down river and retrieved my hat, I'm a felt wearer, but I take very good care of my boots when I go home.....hot soak with a cap full of bleach, just one of those trip stumble falls......I have not had one that good...ever....
Old 02-14-2010, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Neal,

Remember the line Clint Eastwood used in his movie The Unforgiven after the shoot out in Skinny's place? "I've always been lucky in the order" that's how I feel about wading although as I get older I'm not as strong as I was 20 years ago so I am alot more careful than I used to be. I carry a Fol-staff for the really nasty stuff and try to stay above the waves. I'm sure you'll exercise caution in the future but accidents happen that's why they call em accidents.

Ard
Old 02-14-2010, 03:46 PM

slabster is on a distinguished road

You guys got to get better at holding your fish! Not only does it take away from the fish with hands covering them but you are also taking off their crucial slime layer by 360 degree holding them! Nice pics and sorry to hear about the fall man, my buddy fell in on Friday attempting to net my 19 cutt, was soaked all day.