The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 08:43 PM

flytyer_neal has a spectacular aura aboutflytyer_neal has a spectacular aura aboutflytyer_neal has a spectacular aura about
Default The Gunnison Riover 02/27/10

well first it was very very cold......and very windy......only took three browns....had a couple more LDR ( long distance release ) miserable.....but still loved it and had a blast.....the flies of today were san juan, mcfly egg orange, Girdle Bug.....here is a pic of my first of the day.....might have made 14" ...my fishing partner needs lessons at taking pics.....
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:13 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: The Gunnison Riover 02/27/10

Good to hear from you Neal,

I understand the business of having someone take a picture for you. Sometimes they come up a little short.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-27-2010, 11:06 PM

moe b has a spectacular aura aboutmoe b has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation Re: The Gunnison Riover 02/27/10

Yeah, I'd say he needs to at least look thru the viewfinder next time?

I have lots of those where I tried to take my own pic and chopped off my head with big fish and big deer?

Maybe your friend needs the favor returned (on a big fish) and his smiling mug missed (oops!); for the point to get across?

Moe
Old 03-05-2010, 11:49 AM

spanish_fly is on a distinguished road

Right on Neal! You've done more this year then I have so far... It has been really cold here latley. You should have made it out yesterday with that really nice weather we had.

Good day
Old 03-05-2010, 04:47 PM

crittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nice

Oh what fun... Wish I was closer to the rockies

Now my response to your picture... "Please, sir, may I have some more." you know Oliver Twist.

Maybe "Please, sir, may I have more trout and a better picture of me and my fish"
Old 03-05-2010, 08:37 PM

flytyer_neal has a spectacular aura aboutflytyer_neal has a spectacular aura aboutflytyer_neal has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The Gunnison River 02/27/10

Well my favorite river once again, saturday. Funny thing no one likes it, at least my buddies....they all backed out...ok one was going to float the colorado....so I'm going to enjoy the day by myself......peace ....quiet......and FISH.....just tied up the fox hair streamer in either fly tyer or fly fisherman....or american angler....any way it looks killer.....and all the pics won't have me in them.....so I won't have to worry...
Old 03-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Neal: Hope you have a good time fishing tomorrow. It has been snowing here all day.......winter has returned! Wednesday it looked like spring had finally arrived!
That photo your fishing partner took reminded me of a photo I took last spring. My son landed a huge brown (approx 23") and like a fool I muffed the photo. He hasn't let me forget that one. Oh well live and learn!

Larry
Old 03-07-2010, 09:01 AM

Default Re: The Gunnison River 03/6/10

see new post