The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 01:44 PM

two_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of light
Default Just a few summer wyoming pictures

I have not been to this forum since about last spring, I moved to Dubois for the summer, and since then I have moved back to SD and have been hunting and ice fishing. Thinking about breaking out the fly gear again for the year. I do believe I will be moving back to Dubois, wyo for the summer again. I am actualyl getting married there next September. I just wanted to post a few pictures from my past summer.

A quiet morning on Trail lake
Click the image to open in full size.

My biggest fish on a fly rod. Nice 21-22 inch brown on the Wind River

one of the many beautiful cutts I caught

buddy hanzi with a 20 inch bow on the popo agie outside of lander.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:23 PM

simmons_j_m is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just a few summer wyoming pictures

Those are some good looking fish... can't wait for our season to warm up and awaken the bigguns.

- Justin
Old 03-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

SdDryFly: Great looking photos and very nice fish! Thanks for posting the report. I love the Wind River but have never fished it, but it sure it beautiful (it is on my list). Two years ago I was in Lander on a stop over (road trip on the motorcycle), we were walking downtown to have dinner and I spotted a nice brown 17-18" in the Popo Agie but I didn't have my fly rod with me. Last summer I was there again and this time I had my rod but didn't get a chance to do any fly fishing.

Larry
Old 03-01-2010, 09:16 PM

moe b has a spectacular aura aboutmoe b has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Re: Just a few summer wyoming pictures

That IS a beautiful cutt!!

Congrats on getting married..I think?

...Have you explained to the bride-to-be; just how much you like to fish?

Moe
Old 03-02-2010, 06:46 AM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Great pic's and fish,
GET her into fly fishing with you(if shes not allready) best thng I ever done was get my wife into it
Bear
Old 03-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Nice pics....never had a chance to catch a cut...but would love to catch a one like this...it's a beauty!
Old 03-03-2010, 09:41 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Great Post SD...I second the idea about getting your bride to be into flyfishing if she's not already...Great fish pics...

Dan
Old 03-03-2010, 09:36 PM

spanish_fly is on a distinguished road

Some great pictures! I'm ready for things to warm up. Starting to do a little nymph fishing on the Colorado this time of the year though.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:51 PM

gbanker is just really nicegbanker is just really nicegbanker is just really nicegbanker is just really nice
Default L like to fish for cutts....

had good cutthroat fishing around Cody this past summer. Are there other places in WY with cutts? congrats on getting married. My wife is my best fishing buddy.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:54 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Congrats on gettin Married!! When you settled in come on over the pass for some Jackson fishing. Always on the look out for floating partners! Beautiful pics!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures