The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 07:42 AM

flytyer_neal has a spectacular aura aboutflytyer_neal has a spectacular aura aboutflytyer_neal has a spectacular aura about
Default My sone Chase and his new fly rod

My son Chase won a nice fly rod at the Fly fishing expo, so I took him to where I know he'd catch some stockers....and boy did he....it's so cool to watch you child excel in a sport you enjoy.....and then I guess he has been watching me roll cast...i have not taught him yet but there he was..roll casting....and catching trout...dry's were the ticket....cream caddis with some flash was the ticket....so if you have kids and want to see them with a fish on....I'd suggest Island
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:38 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My sone Chase and his new fly rod

flytyer_neal: That was great seeing a photo of your son getting into fly fishing and catching fish had to make his day! Congrats!

Larry
Old 05-16-2010, 10:00 AM

boser has a spectacular aura aboutboser has a spectacular aura aboutboser has a spectacular aura about

FTN,

What a joy you must have felt seeing that. Congrats. Your son has been paying attention to the important lessons. I hope to teach my grandson's the same.

Best Regards, Boser
Old 05-16-2010, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hey Neal,

Getting a youngster hooked to a fish will do more to encourage one to learn than anything else I could ever think of. My first cast (with a CP Swing) hooked a rainbow trout and I never looked back, I went full ahead and still at it.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-16-2010, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi flytyer_neal,

I wish someone had helped me at that age. My Grandpa was a fly fisher but he was killed when I was nine. Nothing gets a new fly fisher going like catching fish.

Frank
Old 05-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Great stuff Neal, that's great to see. I'm sure you're real proud of him.

Chase looks like a real pro in that pic!

Congrats to him for winning the rod--- and for having a great dad.