The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pinedale, WY Fly Fishing

As you know the rivers out west are still in spring runoff and I was getting anxious about getting out fishing, so last Saturday I finally got a chance to get out fishing with my new NFO Rampage on New Fork lake just north of Pinedale, WY. About a month ago I took the boat out on Delaney Buttes lakes just west of Walden, CO but the wind was blowing 30 mph with gusts to 40 so I didn't stay long. This past Saturday the wx on New Fork lake was just about perfect. I fished from noon to 4 pm, hooked 10 trout and landed 6. I had planned on using the electric trolling motor, but in the haste of loading everything I lost the battery. So instead of exploring more of the lake (as this was my first visit) I stayed close to shore where I launched just in case the wind came up.

Click the image to open in full size.

Larry

Larry
Old 07-07-2011, 10:07 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of
Default Re: Pinedale, WY Fly Fishing

Nice batch of fins there Larry.

Yat's Blog: http://pleinaircolorado.blogspot.com/
Old 07-07-2011, 10:11 AM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

Whew, nice day, nice place, nice fish! what more could a boy ask for?!
Good for you!
Gary
Old 07-07-2011, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful spot and fish looks like you're a real sailorman now Larry...although you still stay close to the shore
Old 07-07-2011, 11:35 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Larry, most excellent, brother!

Kelly.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys! That new NFO Rampage was a blast to get out on the water and paddle around. With the new girlfriend living in Pinedale, I plan to explore the local area waters, I can't wait for the streams to subside, last weekend all the streams were running full force with spring runoff.

Larry

Larry
Old 07-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

WOW Larry,

You had great weather by the looks of it and got some really nice fish on the line to boot! glad to see you had a good day of it.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-07-2011, 02:25 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

those are some great pics i wish i could have come west this year i sure miss my trip to the beartooths outside of Cody Wy, but will make next year if things go right. hope you keep catching fish like that.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Larry,

Pretty fish, pretty weather, pretty lake, just a great day.

Larry, I know that Rampage is new to you and I was wondering if you are wearing a PFD of some kind? I don't know why that popped into my mind but you old guys have to be careful.

Frank
Old 07-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Hi Larry,

Pretty fish, pretty weather, pretty lake, just a great day.

Larry, I know that Rampage is new to you and I was wondering if you are wearing a PFD of some kind? I don't know why that popped into my mind but you old guys have to be careful.

Frank
Frank: Yes, my intent is to always wear a PFD with the Rampage, I agree we all have to be careful when on the water. I heard from my kayaking friend here in town today that there was a canoe that capsized on the Green River above Fontenelle and a small infant died. Not sure what they were thinking about using a canoe up there when the flows are at 12,800 CFS and the river gets real twisty in spots with log jams. Thanks to Fysh I wear a PDF now on the drift boat when I'm in any current, just not worth taking a chance.

Larry

Larry