The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 06:54 PM

jjb4 is on a distinguished road
Default water flow snake river

Can anyone recommend a good web site for monitoring water flow and levels on the Snake at Jackson Hole?
Old 07-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: water flow snake river

Just find the one your looking for.
USGS Real-Time Water Data for Wyoming

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 07-09-2011, 03:48 PM

jjb4 is on a distinguished road

John, thanks
Old 07-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Your very welcome.
Are you in Wyoming?

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 07-09-2011, 08:02 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

I prefer this site myself Bureau of Reclamation, Pacific Northwest Region Hydromet Program

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 07-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

You would!

Seems just a few weeks ago we were talking about how far down Palisades was, now it's @ 90+ capacity and over 23,000 CFS. WOW!

Old 07-09-2011, 09:24 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of

Yeah!! Palisades is 93% and Jackson Lake is 97%. They may be letting some more out of Jackson Lake soon. About 3000 cfs more flowing in than out right now. Just as the river starts it's slow drop it looks like it will go up again.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:59 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo View Post
Thanks Davo. The above is/was a totally new one to me ... another hour shot to heck.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Thanks Davo. The above is/was a totally new one to me ... another hour shot to heck.
Your welcome Fred. Thats the page I check regularly for my guide trips. Just click the red dots for the sections you will float to see how the flows have changed. You can also scroll down and click the water year graph link to see this year compared to last year and the 10yr average. Very helpful when tracking runoff and flow fluctuations!!

Old 07-10-2011, 02:11 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Off, again ... to explore the upper Rogue and the North Umpqua. You can dream, it's free.

fae

Last edited by fredaevans; 07-10-2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Yuck, another spooling eror.