The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 01:48 PM

troutbum bk is on a distinguished road
Default anyone live up in the Gunnison Co area?

So in ten days I am moving from the denver area to go to college at Western State in Gunnison CO. I was wondering if anyone here lives around that area, or fishes there regularly.

Ben

P.S. first post here
Old 08-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: anyone live up in the Gunnison Co area?

Hi Ben,

The only guy I can think of is Neal, he lives in the Clifton area but fishes the Gunnison.

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...=newpm&u=16803

The link should take you to a PM box where you can send him a message. If he has set up e-mail notification he'll get the message.

Please feel free to become a regular here. you will find the membership increasingly helpful once they realize you are going to post and offer help to others as well as ask for some. It's a good group of people here and many who fish the area you are moving to, just not many who live there.

Hope that helps,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-09-2011, 10:09 PM

thanks for the info.

But I am more than willing to help people out, only problem is I taught myself how to flyfish last year so im most likely no help haha. But who knows, maybe sometime in the near future.

Ben
Old 08-10-2011, 12:27 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Ben, you're welcome;

There is always a new member who will ask a question that you have already solved. We all have things we can share to help others who find their way to this forum. I hope Neal finds your message,

Ard

Old 08-10-2011, 05:28 AM

oldfatman is on a distinguished road

Don't live there but have had some good trips. Passing thru, summer looks crazy but in the fall (after the combat koke run), it's much more relaxed and great fishing. I've only hit small sections of the East, Taylor and a tiny bit of the Gunnison near the campground below the confluence. I'm sure there is a lot more water to hit. Good luck in school.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:42 AM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of

Hey Ben, I am moving my son back to Gunny, tomorrow morning. He is a maniac fly fisherman. His name is Jake.

We fished the Portal a couple weeks back. Here is what he looks like and I will get him whatever info you want me to give him...I guess I will have him sign up on this site as well.

Tight Lines!!

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Administrator

There you go!

PS. I sent you some more little green bars for this

Old 08-10-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochise View Post
Hey Ben, I am moving my son back to Gunny, tomorrow morning. He is a maniac fly fisherman. His name is Jake.

We fished the Portal a couple weeks back. Here is what he looks like and I will get him whatever info you want me to give him...I guess I will have him sign up on this site as well.

Tight Lines!!

Click the image to open in full size.
Cochise,
are you moving him back for college?
and if he ever wants to go fly fishing I will most likely already be planning on going to the river anyways. haha

Ben
Old 08-10-2011, 05:12 PM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of

Hardy is on it!! Thx.

Yes he is starting his second year at WSC.

He fishes more than he goes to school...(argh)so I am guessing you will see him on the water if not in the classroom.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:39 PM

haha im guessing I will be on the river almost more than class too.
Then again my last class ends at 12:15!

Ben