The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2011, 05:33 PM

jjb4 is on a distinguished road
Default Snake River Jackson Hole

Well I took Davo's advice and booked my trip to Jackson Hole with Greg Falk of Upstream Anglers and Adventure Tours. For a novice fly fisherman I could not have done better. Greg was the perfect guide showing a great deal of patience and sharing a wealth of knowledge about fishing for Cutthroat Trout, the Snake River and the area in general. Tuesday morning started off with on the water lessons on fishing dry flies for Cutthroat and the afternoon paid off with several small fish and me losing a nice size one for lack of attention. Wednesday was an awesome day with 12-15 small fish and three fish going 15, 12, and 12, and missed as many fish at a particular honey hole. For anyone heading to Jackson Hole and looking for an exceptional guide service I would highly recommend Greg Falk and Upstream Anglers

Working on posting some pics but I'm new to the site so bear with me
Old 08-28-2011, 05:50 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Re: Snake River Jackson Hole

jjb4

Very glad to hear you had such a good time. Greg is an awesome guide, boss and friend. Sorry we did not get the chance to meet or fish together, I did not know you booked with us till after your trip was over. You did book your trip at the right time as the river is just coming into it's own now. Greg said you got to see some bears up in the Park as well, that's an awesome experience!!
Greg had a great time showing you the river and the area!! I'll be sure to tell him about you kind words and testimonial!! Looking forward to your photos!! If you need any help getting them posted give me a shout.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 08-29-2011, 04:44 PM

Got your PM will give it a try
Old 08-31-2011, 01:48 PM

jimbaker488 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo View Post
jjb4

Very glad to hear you had such a good time. Greg is an awesome guide, boss and friend. Sorry we did not get the chance to meet or fish together, I did not know you booked with us till after your trip was over. You did book your trip at the right time as the river is just coming into it's own now. Greg said you got to see some bears up in the Park as well, that's an awesome experience!!
Greg had a great time showing you the river and the area!! I'll be sure to tell him about you kind words and testimonial!! Looking forward to your photos!! If you need any help getting them posted give me a shout.
What kind of money does your outfit charge for its services and what is the various length/time-period of the service offered ? Half Day, full day, multiple days ? Does it have to have 2 or more customers per trip, or will it take a single person out ?
Old 08-31-2011, 04:22 PM

Jim Baker,

I was solo and fished two full days on the river. Started out early and spent 10-11 hours on river. We floated and also got out of the boat and waded for fish, something I only saw a few boats do for their clients the two days I went. Time did not seem to matter to Greg. He supplied all rods, flies, leader and tippet unlike some outfitters that charge you for the flies, and tippet prior to going out. Greg tailors his trips on the wishes of the client whether its full day, half day, multi-day.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:02 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

jimbaker

jjb4 pretty much answered you questions. The guide fee is the same for up to 2 people. Half days are 4hrs, full days are 8hrs, sometimes longer depending on the fishing and clients time restraints. Half days we bring snacks and beverages (except alcohol) and full days include a stream side lunch. You can bring your own gear or we provide gear. We gladly provide instructions through out the trip, casting, water reading, fly selection....ect.

As for pricing I would recommend you contact Greg. He handles the bookings and fees. You can click the link in my signature for Upstream Anglers and call or email.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures