The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2011, 04:05 PM

fishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of light
Default An ode to the brown trout of the Madison

We're finally out and starting to get a ton of footage. The rivers were a roller coaster this year!
Old 09-14-2011, 11:28 AM

flyfishwcu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An ode to the brown trout of the Madison

great video, and love the madison brown jam in the background! Are you able to fish the madison with dry flies or is it always streamers?
Old 09-14-2011, 02:33 PM

dharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the rough

Nicely done. That looks like some great water.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:18 PM

fishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks guys, the water has finally been back to normal for the last month or two.

My father and I are streamer addicts. Though, you will occasionally see us fishing with large hoppers, or sometimes a scary looking salmon fly.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:49 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Hi fishalong.
Great Video,lovely water,I'm envious we would love to have that water over here,The Rod ,I thought I saw TCX on it,it seems to handle the fish OK,What weight is it & how do you find it?
I have a Z Axis #6 & haven't used it much.
Brian.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:45 PM

fishtacos will become famous soon enoughfishtacos will become famous soon enough

What song is that?
Old 09-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Looks like a good time floating there, I've only fished from shore in that one.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-23-2011, 10:18 AM

Hey thanks for the comments guys.

Liphook - The rod my father uses most of the time is a 9ft 5 weight by Sage. He also uses the Helios by Orvis however, he favors sage (as do I) cause he has broken the Helios 3 times.

Fishtacos - The song is called 'Madison Brown' by Ben Winship.

More videos coming soon! Right now (as I write) we're getting some awesome footage in Calgary and BC.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

fishalong: Great video and music, keep them coming!

Larry