The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 07:49 AM

stuck_in_indy is on a distinguished road
Default Based in Livingston - Pls comment on plan

Hello, I'm heading to Livingston in 3 weeks and will have 4.5 days available for fishing. I've searched the forum for advice on this area and have a draft plan that I was looking for comments on/help. I like to walk and wade and definitely don't mind hiking a bit to find some space (but need to come back to Livingston each night). Here are the waters I was thinking of hitting -- pls let me know what you think. Thanks!

-Boulder and West Boulder
-Cache Creek / Lamar
-Blacktail Deer Creek
-Gallatin inside the park

Cheers
Old 06-28-2010, 10:16 PM

Location: Bozeman, MT and Sheridan, WY but now Houston, Texas
MTskibum has a spectacular aura aboutMTskibum has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Based in Livingston - Pls comment on plan

You do not have to do all that driving. Yellowstone River is going to take at least a day to fish, and you do not have that on your list.

Also, the Gallatin river sucks near the border of the park. I have not fished the gallatin river deep inside the park, but I would not waste any time fishing the last 10 miles as it is about to leave the park.

Also there are 4-5 different creeks with public access on them between livingston and the north park enterence. Mill creek is average fishing, however if you head up into the mountains you will catch pure yellowstone cutties, and only yellowstone cutties.

Good luck.