The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2011, 02:08 PM

fishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of light
Default Upper Madison, Freezing cold.

One of the last of the videos for the year. It was so cold the camera lens actually started to freeze over (hence the slight blurriness).

*The beginning shot is kind of hard to see, but there are dozens of huge whitefish just swimming around him.

The fields are endless, but the cows never leave the river side, maybe it’s the fresh taste of a cold mountain runoff that keeps them close. Or perhaps they just like watching the fly fisherman cast their way down stream (like souls of fishermen past). A young calf looks at his mother, with a sideways curious expression “I love the feeling of mud running through my hooves.”

http://www.fishalong.com
Old 11-21-2011, 03:51 PM

auntrout will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Upper Madison, Freezing cold.

nice video; wish I was out there fishing. What type of rod was that you were using?
Old 11-21-2011, 03:59 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

No bad pun intended: "COOL!" Great video, what did you shoot same with/how/where attached/water proof case/etc?

Always get myself a 'just for you' Prezzie for Christ's Mass ... this may be a very cool.
fae
Old 11-21-2011, 04:12 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Hi.
Nice Fish,it's good to see your Rod is still OK,unlike the last Fishing clip I saw on the Madison.
A Beautiful River thanks for another good Video,another River on my list I'd definately like to fish,maybe next time I'm in the States.
I spent a month last visit,had a beaut time,also met lots of great people,as well as heaps of Aussies in Vegas,maybe stay 2 to 3 months next time.
Cheers.
Brian.