The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 09:10 PM

dans89 is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for a fishing buddy in the Montrose/Ridgeway, CO area

Hello guys. I'm fairly new to fly fishing (been at it for about 2 years) and I'm looking for a buddy to go fishing with on the weekends, who could possibly share some of their infinite wisdom with me. I'm not wanting you to show me your honey holes or anything, I'm just kind of having a hard time getting the hang of so things, and plus it would be awesome to have someone to go fishing with . If anyone is interested, let me know and we can go hit the water.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 12-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for a fishing buddy in the Montrose/Ridgeway, CO area

It's been a long time since I lived in Colorado. Sorry I can't help you there but welcome to the forum. Hopefully someone that does live in the area can jump in. Another idea is go ask at a local fly shop. They may know of somebody looking for a fishing buddy also.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:34 AM

g martin is on a distinguished road

I dont get up to your area during the winter months. But I fish the Pueblo tail waters most weekends during the winter and spring. You are more than welcome. Just let me know if you happen to be in the area.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:34 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. We have 2 fly shops here in Montrose. One is a fly/yarn shop, really nice people but their not much help on anything related to fishing. The other is exclusively a guide shop with flies and mic. other tackle for sale, and every time I go in there, the guy will only talk or give advice to people interested in a guide service. I miss having a real fly shop
Old 12-05-2011, 08:45 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Dans89

Sometimes it may take a week or more for the right person to find your post. I will endeavor to bring your post back to the top about once a week for a while.

Welcome to the forum

Dave
Old 12-05-2011, 10:10 PM

Thanks Dave. I don't think that I have ever been a member of a forum site that had such friendly people