The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trip planning to the Rockies

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenyeti View Post
Hello All! Big fan of the boards, however I've never posted before.

I'll also be doing an extended trip through the Rockies this summer. Along with the great infromation already posted, I was hoping some folks would be willing to share some 'can't miss' towns they've visited in Montana, Wyoming and northern Colorado. I've fished countless times in NM and southern Colorado, however I've never had an opportunity to go much further north. Hoping to change that this summer, as I'll have 2-3 weeks to drive/fish/hike/camp at my leisure.

I recognize that this is a pretty open-ended question as there is a lot of varity out there, but thats sorta what I'm looking for. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated!

Best,
GY
You might also look at the North Platte River from its headwaters in North Park (Walden, CO) down into the town of Saratoga, WY. There is lots of public access in the Medicine Bow NF section of the river, you will need to hike in to get into the really good fishing, but you won't be disappointed. Both Walden and Saratoga have fly shops for up to date information and the public access points or buy a Medicine Bow NF map.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:41 PM

dharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Trip planning to the Rockies

I will be in Montana (southwestern) in Mid september and would be more than happy to share information with you if that's any help. If that is too late for you, I hope you have a great time and good luck.