The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2012, 05:55 PM

slabster is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Steelface report/MT Trout report

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
I was at a local shop the other day, the owner told me that they sent a boat over to the Mo earlier this week with a couple guys that wanted to spey cast streamers...go figure...and the guide said it was one of the best days he's had on the Mo, ever. Sounds like shop talk, but even exaggerated, he said they caught a lot of good fish.
I heard that same report from the shop. I trust the guide who they went with. Heard it was silly. Brooks, lets go wreck some chrome soon
Old 01-15-2012, 06:29 PM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

ok - let's meet there!

Holter, Wolf Creek or Craig?

Seriously.. was this a sunny/warm day, or what? I might have to think about this.

But for the next week.. I think we have more typical January weather
Old 01-16-2012, 02:37 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhayden View Post
ok - let's meet there!

Holter, Wolf Creek or Craig?

Seriously.. was this a sunny/warm day, or what? I might have to think about this.

But for the next week.. I think we have more typical January weather
Dave, I would love to meet you over there sometime. This report was quite a few weeks ago, and I don't what the weather was up there, or which stretch. But it's hard to go wrong at Craig. And if the streamer fishing wasn't happening, I'd love to just go and midge fish.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:09 PM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

ah.. I didn't notice your post date, just the one on "slabs"

We had a few warm days last week .. thought it could have been one of those..
Old 01-16-2012, 04:13 PM

dharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the rough

Are you kidding me? You guys can actually go fishing in January and stand a chance of catching something on a fly rod? Montana is a wonderful place for sure. I hope you have a great time and please send some pictures of the adventure. Even if you don't catch any fish, I'm sure the surroundings would interest many of the viewers.

Take care.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:23 PM

There are exceptions to the freezing tempatures.

Just an example... last Wednesday it was 51 I think? Not a typical January so far.

This Friday it's supposed to be in the 40s here.. I'll go fishing the Gallatin after work
Old 01-16-2012, 05:50 PM

dharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the rough

Very nice Dave. Of course, you understand how much I hate you now right? (joking).........pictures please. All kidding aside, you have know idea how good you have it. I hope you have a great winter and stay safe.

Take care.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:19 AM

lostinmt is on a distinguished road

It was 49 degrees not 51. And it was overcast with no wind.

And they could have been eating dries.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:53 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

You guys are killing me, I wanna get out there! Brooks, are you going to be at the Midwest Expo?

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 02-18-2012, 10:05 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinmt View Post
It was 49 degrees not 51. And it was overcast with no wind.

And they could have been eating dries.

Click the image to open in full size.

Whereabouts are you lost?