The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default SE Wyoming Float Trip

A friend of mine named John and I hit the upper North Platte yesterday in his brand new Clacka. I couldn't get my regular fishing buddies to come hit the water so it was just the two of us trading turns on the oars, it was an absolute fantastic day on the water. I think I'm becoming a Clacka fan, that boat rows like a dream and I really like how stable it is when the other person is slightly off center, a real dream to row. The river and fishing gods were very kind to us yesterday. Hope you enjoy the photos:
Hereis John rigging the new boat:
Click the image to open in full size.
Here is the launch site:
North Platte fiesty rainbow:
Here is a shot of the river:
North Platte Brown:
Another photo of the river surroundings:
Another nice looking brown:
Another nice rainbow:
Another gorgeous North Platte trout:
Another really beautiful North Platte trout:
And here is another:
Another very nice brown:
Another very healthy rainbow:
Old 07-02-2010, 09:59 AM

Flywgn will become famous soon enoughFlywgn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: SE Wyoming Float Trip

Nice fish, nice photos. Thanks for posting. We're hosting friends for a few days. Non-fishers. I'm on my best behavior.

The N. Platte is on my short list of rivers-not-fished yet. With all that I've read and your enthusiastic endorsement, not to mention the evidence, I'd better move it closer to the top of that list. As I understand it the river is best from a drift boat. Is that correct?

Allen R
Old 07-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Allen: Sent you a PM.

Larry
Old 07-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like you had a great time on the river good way to christen the new boat
Old 07-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Larry,

That was a nice day. I bet your friends are kicking themselves for not going along.

Frank
Old 07-02-2010, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Unhappy Re: SE Wyoming Float Trip

That was a nice day. I bet your friends are kicking themselves for not going along.

Frank[/QUOTE]

Frank: I'll bet they will when they see the fish we caught. Pete (my Usual fishing partner) has a new girl friend and my son had to work.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:33 PM

Flywgn will become famous soon enoughFlywgn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Allen: Sent you a PM.

Larry
Got it and replied. Thanks.

Allen R
Old 07-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Nice day on the river Larry.
Bring enough of that good "fish karma" for all of us when we hit Green in a couple weeks.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 07-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysh' View Post
Nice day on the river Larry.
Bring enough of that good "fish karma" for all of us when we hit Green in a couple weeks.
Fysh: I sure hope so! I'm sure looking forward to getting back over there.

Larry