The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 01:10 AM

trout333 is on a distinguished road
Default Fort Collins, Colorado to Navajo Dam, New Mexico

So I've never fished the Juan. Its going down next weekend. I'd love to hear some reports and access info if anybody would help. Thanks!
Old 03-26-2012, 09:09 AM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Fort Collins, Colorado to Navajo Dam, New Mexico

Go to Abe's and Float & Fish and speak to the good folks, they will give you good advise. Spend a few dollars and they will continue to give you good advise.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:40 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

+1 for what Darwin said! I've fished there 5-6 times, I use 6x fluro tippet with size 24-26 midge patterns. The takes can be really subtle and to consistently catch fish you need to really watch the drag on your rig.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:11 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Here ya go.

San Juan River 3/19-3/21 Part I

Yat's Blog: http://pleinaircolorado.blogspot.com/
Old 03-26-2012, 09:41 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

Here is a good place to do some reading and see a few flys San Juan river fly fishing in New Mexico by Mike Mora
Old 04-21-2012, 05:37 PM

Totally awesome. We took a guided float one day and waded solo the next. Must've put over 30 fish in the boat with a half dozen over 20"

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:08 PM

Apparently I don't know how to post pics on here. Can anyone out there help me out. I click the insert pic icon but then it asks me for a web url???
Old 04-21-2012, 11:29 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout333 View Post
Apparently I don't know how to post pics on here. Can anyone out there help me out. I click the insert pic icon but then it asks me for a web url???
They don't let you directly upload photos anymore. Host them at something like photobucket. Click on the insert image and put in the web address or in the case of photobucket you can do the direct link. All you have to do then is copy and paste it. Any direct link will start off with [IMG] and end with [/IMG] . If you use a direct link in the insert pic window you will still show a photo in the post but the photo will be braceted by the what I showed [ in these ] .
Old 04-25-2012, 09:57 PM

oldfatman is on a distinguished road

When you get tired of throwing the 24s and 28s, change to sinking line, 3x and #6 Grey Buggers in the frog water. Those fish eat too. Cool float in a pontoon.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:40 PM

heck will become famous soon enough

this past weekend I was up in the fort collins area at Parvin Lake with my brother in law (who with no permission from me) was spin casting. had a heck of a windy day so casting was a dream but finally got into some nice rainbows sorry no picks but you must take my word on these fish weighing all of 8 pounds at least and very beautiful and silver. it really turned out to be a great day and I can't wait for my brother in law to show some more water in the area and maybe next time ill get him to use the fly rod....heehee