The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Davo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 03:53 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Snake River Float 04/09/2012

Greg and I made it out for another float on the 9th. We could not have asked for a better in both weather and fishing. The past 2 trip the weather was a little cold and the fishing was a bit slow. But on Monday we had nice warm sunny conditions. In addition the fish were up and feeding on dries in three riffles that we stopped in. For the feeders we were fishing #18 and 20 BWO's and Adams. We also took about 4 fish on streamers.

It was truely awesome to get out and spend time working riffles for actively feeding fish. Some nice fat cutty's were brought to hand and several really nice fish were missed. Been awhile since we worked dries and a little rust was showing on the hook sets. LOL.
Click the image to open in full size.

All in all it was a great day. And we did mange to bring in some nice fish for their photo opportunity!

Hope everyone else is or soon will getting out for some time on the water. I know I'm chomping at the bit to get back out there. Till next time Good Fishing and Tight Lines!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 04-11-2012, 04:36 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Snake River Float 04/09/2012

Rolled up shirt sleeves and snow in the background. Now THAT is fishing at its best.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:13 PM

dharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Snake River Float 04/09/2012

took the words right out of my mouth
Old 04-11-2012, 06:06 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Rolled up shirt sleeves and snow in the background. Now THAT is fishing at its best.
I hear ya!! If the water was not 43 degrees I would have been wet wading. Was not prepared for such nice weather. No suncreen equals red face and forearms. LOL
fredaevans likes this.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:37 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo View Post
I hear ya!! If the water was not 43 degrees I would have been wet wading. Was not prepared for such nice weather. No suncreen equals red face and forearms. LOL
Not to worry, that's the norm here on the upper Rogue River for summer run Steelhead fishing (well Salmon too). Air temps can easily be in the high 80's to mid-90' (we skip it above that) and your wading gear is your boots and swim suit.

Dunking down and doing a AHHHHHHHHHH! is high on the list of lets just keep doing this.

Remember my first experience getting my fishing lic. checked by an Oar-E-Gone State Patrol Officer (it was good). Guy walks up and sees me in a swim trunks/boots and two hander flinging away. Asks to see my license and told him it was 'in the car,' which was maybe 30 feet away.

'You need to have your license on you when you fish (or sum such)' and pointed out it was close to 105 degrees at the time and 'You've got to be kidding.'

Guy looked at me and laughed; 'You have more common sense than most of the folks I talked too.' End game was I reeled in, walked over to the Lexus, pulled my wallet out of the pocket of a three piece pen striped suit, and showed same.

Met fellow on a few other occasions, again all good. Remember when he and two other Officers had a field day on January 1. Oooooo they passed out a lot of tickets that particular day ... Telling "The Man" you forgot to get your new license just doesn't "cut ice."

To put it mildly. $300.00 each?
Old 04-11-2012, 09:15 PM

I'm waiting for our dog days to arrive so you can get in that mid day dip with out the risk of hypothermia. I launched one day without my wallet and sweated the whole float. All worried that would be the day Game and Fish was waiting at the take out to check licenses. Got lucky, but it did suck some of the fun from the day!