The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 02:58 PM

shortyb has a spectacular aura aboutshortyb has a spectacular aura aboutshortyb has a spectacular aura about
Default New Member

Hi fellow addicts, my name is Brent and I am hooked on fly fishing.

Have been lurking around the forums for a year or so now. Figured I would finally register and say what a nice group of guys you all seem to be. Really helpful for travelers and new people to the sport about your area's and experiences (which its all about right?).

I live below the Beartooth wilderness in Red Lodge, MT. Moved up here with my girlfriend about 4 years ago. Good friend of mine from Colorado came up few years back and really got me hooked into fly fishing. While growing up in CO I never really got into it as I was young and well had other things on ones mind . I did get into tying fly's with my moms husband and learned some basics about casting but never really hit the water.

For the past 2 years I have been watching, reading, learning all I can about the sport and hunting for different fish (Trout mainly being thats whats in my area). As well as putting these teachings to practice on my local rivers.

Just figured I'd say hi, and if your ever in my area feel free to ask how the water or hatch's are doing or send me a message if you want to fish.

Last edited by shortyb; 04-16-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:16 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: New Member

Hello Brent and welcome
Old 04-15-2012, 03:51 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Welcome Brent!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 04-15-2012, 05:17 PM

chuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nice

Welcome Brent and a Howdy to you!
Chuck S

"I've traveled many roads and some weren't paved."
Will Rodgers

http://fishing-folks.blogspot.com/
Old 04-15-2012, 08:16 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

welcome to "the" forum brent
good stuff here!

casey

ARFE
Old 04-15-2012, 08:31 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Brent: Welcome to the forum. You live in a beautiful part of the country. I've been through there a few times, usually on the bike. Love that bar/steakhouse over in Bearcreek.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:05 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Brent,

I've been to Red Lodge and can say you are in a great area. Welcome to the forum, I hope to read your posts often.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-16-2012, 09:29 AM

shortyb has a spectacular aura aboutshortyb has a spectacular aura aboutshortyb has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the warm welcome all. I hope to be able to continue to learn on these forums and maybe even help out where I can.

Larry - Bearcreek is a cool little town my Aunt actually lived across the street in the stone house for years when I was young (burnt down, but now rebuilt). Pits and Lynn of Bearcreek saloon are great people all the pig race proceeds are donated to the area schools and stuff, not to mention some good food. There is a little cafe next door for quite a few years now it is worth a stop too if you like pie or a good home style breakfast.

Ard - You know it! I am no stranger to the area as my dad built loghomes out here for many years. So I used to visit a lot but I have to say I enjoy it a lot more that im older and see each piece of water and mountains as a chance to escape the daily grind. I would love to see your part of the country some time thats for sure. Make a trip out through BC would be ideal for me fish the whole way!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:50 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Brent: My fishing buddy Pete and I love to ride the Harleys up that way. We usually stay in Cody and do day trips out of there. We usually ride into the park and then make a point to ride up on the Beartooth Hwy and Chief Joseph and always like to stop in Bearcreek for a steak and watch the pig races, which is a riot to watch.

Larry

Old 04-16-2012, 09:56 AM

I bet Cheif Joseph is awsome on a harley, fun road.

-B