The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 07:29 AM

monello will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Yellowstone National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo View Post
You in the Park for the whole summer or in the area?
I'll be in the park,near the south entrance until October. I will have to say though, for the short time I've been here the roads can be slow to travel on. Any animal sightings will have everyone breaking and stopping. Then the slow RVs and delivery trucks also add to the slowdown. Allow plenty of time when traveling in the park.

---------- Post added at 06:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhayden View Post
What part are you staying in? Should be a nice summer
Grant Village. Not very centrally located, but I think I can make this location work for me.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:40 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Quote:
Originally Posted by monello View Post
I'll be in the park,near the south entrance until October. I will have to say though, for the short time I've been here the roads can be slow to travel on. Any animal sightings will have everyone breaking and stopping. Then the slow RVs and delivery trucks also add to the slowdown. Allow plenty of time when traveling in the park.
If your in a hurry you have to leave early in the morning before everyone else gets out on the road! Otherwise you get stuck behind the gawkers.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 05-16-2012, 08:19 AM

roadkill1948 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If your in a hurry you have to leave early in the morning before everyone else gets out on the road! Otherwise you get stuck behind the gawkers.
The big problem I had in Yellowstone was relieving myself. Everytime I pulled over, twenty other vehicles stopped to see what I had seen.
mcnerney, dean_mt and stimulator2 like this.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:34 AM

bobafett will become famous soon enoughbobafett will become famous soon enough

We will def. have to have a FFF get together in Yellowstone. I just stopped on my way back from Bozeman to Victor and had to do some exploring of Fawn Creek...can't wait for the opener!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:47 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Look! A Buffalo! and an Elk! ...and another one, and another and another and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULBu...eature=related

look at the traffic jam!