The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Rocky Mountain Range (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/rocky-mountain-range/)
-   -   Yellowstone National Park (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/rocky-mountain-range/275110-yellowstone-national-park.html)

monello 05-09-2012 10:56 PM

Yellowstone National Park

I finally made it out to Yellowstone. I'll be here all summer. Anybody on the forum coming out, let me know and I'll try to give you a recent report.

Davo 05-09-2012 11:00 PM

Re: Yellowstone National Park

You in the Park for the whole summer or in the area?

ted4887 05-09-2012 11:45 PM

Depending on what the reports are like as far as water levels are concerned, I might make a last minute road trip out that way after memorial day. Not sure whether it will be to the park or not though.

mcnerney 05-10-2012 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monello (Post 445879)
I finally made it out to Yellowstone. I'll be here all summer. Anybody on the forum coming out, let me know and I'll try to give you a recent report.

Monello: Once the fly fishing gets started, let me know what your schedule is and I will come up and we can do some fishing together. Right now I'm still working, but should retire here shortly.

Larry

dhayden 05-10-2012 07:21 AM

What part are you staying in? Should be a nice summer

stenacron 05-10-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monello (Post 445879)

Hey thanks... family and I will be making a trip there (staying in West Yellowstone) the last week in July, and I will have the fly rod along to sneak some trouting in.

P.S. Lucky dawg... staying in Yellowstone all summer... nice! :thumbsupu

ausablebrown 05-10-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnerney (Post 445982)
Monello: Once the fly fishing gets started, let me know what your schedule is and I will come up and we can do some fishing together. Right now I'm still working, but should retire here shortly.

Larry

Congrats on the impending retirement! Wish I could join you guys out there this summer, but baby boy #2 is on the way so no more Yellowstone treks for the next couple of years I'm afraid.

shortyb 05-10-2012 05:29 PM

I will be headed there soon as the newborn is better suited for the drive. I know it looks like the Beartooth Pass should be open on schedule. Its just a matter of getting up and over the hill. I have talks with my bosses to buy me a season pass (for fishing too!) this year cause they would like me to learn more about the park.

I would like to hear how SodaButte is doing. I tried to fish this on the MT head waters last fall and saw a lot of bugs but never any fish. Talked with some locals and they believe its because of the mine thats being cleaned upstream.

mcnerney 05-10-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ausablebrown (Post 446270)
Congrats on the impending retirement! Wish I could join you guys out there this summer, but baby boy #2 is on the way so no more Yellowstone treks for the next couple of years I'm afraid.

Yes, I understand fully. Clint (cromney) was in the same boat last year.
When you get a chance to make it out this way be sure to give me a shout and we will get together for some fishing.

ausablebrown 05-10-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnerney (Post 446354)
Yes, I understand fully. Clint (cromney) was in the same boat last year.
When you get a chance to make it out this way be sure to give me a shout and we will get together for some fishing.

Thanks for the offer! I'm sure I'd do much better with you around...I was a little lost the first time I was out there. You famous rivers are SO much different from all the itty bitty streams I fish out east! I spent 17 days in Glacier, Idaho, and Yellowstone; I managed my first cut, and a ton of rainbows and had a pretty magical day on the Henry's fork also. That night of grey drake fishing ranks up there with my best days ever, the only thing missing was the "Big One". The little fish kept gobbling up my fly before I could get it past the big feeders! That was a terrible day :D:D