The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 10:56 PM

monello will become famous soon enough
Default Yellowstone National Park

I finally made it out to Yellowstone. I'll be here all summer. Anybody on the forum coming out, let me know and I'll try to give you a recent report.
shortyb likes this.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:00 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Re: Yellowstone National Park

You in the Park for the whole summer or in the area?

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 05-09-2012, 11:45 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

Depending on what the reports are like as far as water levels are concerned, I might make a last minute road trip out that way after memorial day. Not sure whether it will be to the park or not though.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:48 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by monello View Post
I finally made it out to Yellowstone. I'll be here all summer. Anybody on the forum coming out, let me know and I'll try to give you a recent report.
Monello: Once the fly fishing gets started, let me know what your schedule is and I will come up and we can do some fishing together. Right now I'm still working, but should retire here shortly.

Larry

Old 05-10-2012, 07:21 AM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

What part are you staying in? Should be a nice summer
Old 05-10-2012, 04:34 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by monello View Post

Hey thanks... family and I will be making a trip there (staying in West Yellowstone) the last week in July, and I will have the fly rod along to sneak some trouting in.

P.S. Lucky dawg... staying in Yellowstone all summer... nice!

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring
Old 05-10-2012, 04:39 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Monello: Once the fly fishing gets started, let me know what your schedule is and I will come up and we can do some fishing together. Right now I'm still working, but should retire here shortly.

Larry
Congrats on the impending retirement! Wish I could join you guys out there this summer, but baby boy #2 is on the way so no more Yellowstone treks for the next couple of years I'm afraid.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:29 PM

shortyb has a spectacular aura aboutshortyb has a spectacular aura aboutshortyb has a spectacular aura about

I will be headed there soon as the newborn is better suited for the drive. I know it looks like the Beartooth Pass should be open on schedule. Its just a matter of getting up and over the hill. I have talks with my bosses to buy me a season pass (for fishing too!) this year cause they would like me to learn more about the park.

I would like to hear how SodaButte is doing. I tried to fish this on the MT head waters last fall and saw a lot of bugs but never any fish. Talked with some locals and they believe its because of the mine thats being cleaned upstream.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausablebrown View Post
Congrats on the impending retirement! Wish I could join you guys out there this summer, but baby boy #2 is on the way so no more Yellowstone treks for the next couple of years I'm afraid.
Yes, I understand fully. Clint (cromney) was in the same boat last year.
When you get a chance to make it out this way be sure to give me a shout and we will get together for some fishing.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:12 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Yes, I understand fully. Clint (cromney) was in the same boat last year.
When you get a chance to make it out this way be sure to give me a shout and we will get together for some fishing.
Thanks for the offer! I'm sure I'd do much better with you around...I was a little lost the first time I was out there. You famous rivers are SO much different from all the itty bitty streams I fish out east! I spent 17 days in Glacier, Idaho, and Yellowstone; I managed my first cut, and a ton of rainbows and had a pretty magical day on the Henry's fork also. That night of grey drake fishing ranks up there with my best days ever, the only thing missing was the "Big One". The little fish kept gobbling up my fly before I could get it past the big feeders! That was a terrible day