The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 02:07 PM

rapid eddy has a spectacular aura aboutrapid eddy has a spectacular aura about
Default Wyoming HELP !!! Ten Sleep area

My son is headed out to that area next week to see some inlaw relatives who are native to the area. They may know all the info he needs but i'm sure there are those here that have a clue. Looks like the stream on the map closest to that area is Nowood. Any details on that one? What fish and size should he expect? Any special flys? Dry or wet? I'm sure a 6 wt willl be adequate? Love to have all the tips you guys have to offer. Thanks and i'll check back later. I've turned him onto this site so he'll be around some in the future. Thanks guys and gals.
Eddy
Old 05-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Wyoming HELP !!! Ten Sleep area

Hey,

Where you been? It is over 29 years since I stopped to snoop in Ten Sleep Canyon so I haven't anything to give on this. Things change in that amount of time. It is a beautiful spot on the globe though.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Eddy: Send a PM to furturamille (JJ), he has fished over there quite a bit in the past and can give you some pointers.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:50 PM

two_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of light

I have fished above Tensleep a few times over the past few summers. Both times I have headed up towards west tensleep lake (i believe) I have never fished it this early, but when I was up there in the middle part of the summer, a chernobyl ant was killer. Other than that, i do not have much information to give. There is also plenty of public access around Wigwam fish hatchery, and Tensleep fish hatchery. Both of which are just up the road from Tensleep.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:12 PM

rapid eddy has a spectacular aura aboutrapid eddy has a spectacular aura about

Hardy, it's not where have i been but where has this silly computer been. It's been in the shop twice and i've had the phone people on the line 9 times in the last month. Thanks for the comeback. My son signed up so he'll be asking questions as time permits. He goes by "Hydricfry". He lives in Springfield and is down today getting tips from the old man. We did a bit of yard casting and the 4 yr old grandson held his first flyrod today and actually made some attempts at a few cast. Not bad for a first tme 4 yr old i might ad. Rod was a bit big for him but time is on his side. We'll contact JJ in the next day or two before he leaves. Thanks again guys.
Eddy
Old 05-21-2012, 10:10 PM

Location: Bozeman, MT and Sheridan, WY but now Houston, Texas
MTskibum has a spectacular aura aboutMTskibum has a spectacular aura about

Damn, i wish i would have seen this earlier.

I lived for a couple years just north of tensleep in the town of basin.

If he needs any fishing advice feel free to send me a pm. I know of many areas around tensleep that are fun to fish. The no wood is a good start though, i have caught rainbow trout, brown trout, carp, bass, sauger, and walleye out of the No Wood.