The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 03:05 AM

trout333 is on a distinguished road
Default Big T in NoCo

Any Big T experts here? Especially from Waltonia to the Dam. I've been concentrating on that area but anything over 16" is hard to find. I fish the Poudre and the T a lot and I'm gunning for bigger fish. I'd love to trade info with anyone fishing these waters. I'm keeping great journals the last 3 years on these and other great Colorado waters.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:02 AM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Big T in NoCo

Expert no, Fish the drainage a lot yes. And by that I mean from the headwaters on down to the bottom of the canyon. Ive seen bigger fish in there but never netted anything exceeding 16".

How is the Poudre fishiing up your way. I want to fish it more this summer but never get up that way it seems
Old 05-15-2012, 03:54 PM

slicedog is on a distinguished road

I haven't been up the canyon much, but fishing through ft collins on the poudre has produced quite a lot of fish for me lately, especially with caddis patterns, as the caddis are everywhere right now. My buddy picked up a 18" brown in town the other day. Flashback hares ear with a buckskin trailer size 18 has been the ticket for me. As long as flows are above 40 cfs, it fishes well though town. There is a fire burning up the canyon at hewlett gulch area but shouldn't really affect the fishing, just air quality.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:34 PM

trout333 is on a distinguished road

I haven't got the hang of the Poudre in town yet. I just found out where some of the best sections are so I need to start fishing them.

Might go fish the Poudre this week. Getting to the catch and release water on the T is much easier and faster than the C&R section of the Poudre. That is why I'm trying to figure that water out a little better these days. I'd like to catch bigger fish on both waters actually.

Good to some some local guys on here. I think there is a pretty cool community of fly fishers on the northern front range. If you ever need anything like info or tricks, I can provide whatever I have to local fishers.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:10 AM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

Rainbow from the narrows, about as pretty as they get.
Click the image to open in full size.

Caddis pupe #16 last fall, haven't been up there in a bit. Need to get up there soon.
TB
Old 05-16-2012, 03:31 PM

slicedog is on a distinguished road

love the colors on those big t rainbows!