The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 09:30 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of
Default Pics from today's trip to 12,000'

We only landed three fish all day, (I got two), but it was worth the effort.
The lake is in the bowl below the ridge just right of center.
Click the image to open in full size.

Buds on trail

My first of the day

And the second

And there are always the esoteric perks.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:08 PM

boser has a spectacular aura aboutboser has a spectacular aura aboutboser has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Pics from today's trip to 12,000'

OK, I give up, where you guys at? It kind of looks like the Bighorns but that's pretty high for the Bighorns. Gotta be the Rocky's but what state? Thanks for the pics. It makes living in this 100 degree heat a little more bearable. Ha!

Boser

Last edited by boser; 07-16-2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:55 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Nice Yat! I got into them today also.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-17-2010, 01:20 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful place Yat!These fish have amazing colors
Old 07-17-2010, 05:10 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Yat,

Thanks for posting the pics!. Looks like a pretty good hike; you must have been a little short on oxygen when you got to the lake!

The color on that first fish makes the trip up worth it in my opinion; like J-P, I've never seen a trout with those colors before. Shows you what a little geographic isolation and probably low predation can do for a species.

Glad you had a good time.

Pocono
Old 07-17-2010, 08:48 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Thanks guys. It was amazing to see the size and color of those fish up there. We have several species of Cutthroat in Colorado. I believe these are Colorado River Cuts. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone..
All these trips to high altitude lakes are training exercises for a RMNP trip I have coming up Aug 5-8 to Arrowhead Lake. This pic is not one of mine. it's off Google.

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 AM ----------

One of the guys just posted a YouTube vid of landing the big buck. Warning there are a couple of expletives.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Yat: I missed the original post as I was out fishing with some friends from UT. Great looking trout, very gorgeous looking colors! Congrats! Hiking at 12,000 ft gives me a headache just thinking about it, you Da Man!

Larry
Old 07-22-2010, 05:15 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck trekking up to Arrowhead, Yat!
Old 07-22-2010, 06:11 PM

Thanks Larry, those are the prettiest fish I've ever seen.
Two weeks from today and we will be in RMNP for the hike to Arrowhead. There will be vids and pics to share when we get home.