The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By fredaevans
  • 2 Post By fredaevans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2012, 02:58 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Moe of them-thar Canuk's sneekin' acros ur bordar.

New border crossing opens in northwestern Montana

"Hold on thar' a moment Pilgrim, you were one of them.''

Love small town newspapers, you really do get "The News" you'd never see elsewhere. This paper out of Hamilton Montana is a daily Treasure Trove.

fae
joerouse likes this.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:28 AM

joerouse is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Moe of them-thar Canuk's sneekin' acros ur bordar.

Know what you mean about small newspapers. I was a publisher of one for years, and I still cant get the ink out of my blood. Our paper's motto was a quote from Joseph Pulitzer - "A Newspaper Should Have No Friends." Unfortunately, we were a bit to successful in this regard, and the paper is now defunct.

We lifted that quote from a small paper in Northern California called the Anderson Valley Advertiser. It's one of the best small papers in the country, and thank-the-lord-, they're still publishing.

Check it out here: Anderson Valley Advertiser | Mendocino County's Best News Source I think you'll enjoy.

I refuse to fish within sight of an outlet mall, no matter how big the fish are. Well, except...
Old 05-27-2012, 06:04 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moe of them-thar Canuk's sneekin' acros ur bordar.

Woozer! Took me all of 30 seconds to hit the "Bookmark this page."

Lived in Healdsburg, CA from mid-1984 til 1997. You had to be a 'local' to really appreciate just how good you had it. Thousands of tourists there every year, but the 'Local Tradesmen/Woman' made a point of remembering 'he's local/a home-boy.'

Rare not to be greeted by name even shopping at the local Safeway. The 4th of July Parade went through the local neighborhoods (farm tractors pulling flatbed grape trailers), high school band leading the way, 'cheer leaders' et. al.

Lawn chairs were set up the night before ... they would be exactly there the next afternoon. About 50-50 'White AngloSaxon Protestants' and 'Hispanic Americans.' NEVER-EVER-NADA-ETC' conflict; some of the best folks I've ever met. Most worked for the local wineries and were well paid, and well 'taken care' of, and I mean that in the very best of terms.

A Soccer Ref for close to 35 years and I did a lot of the local games, including the High School's (Boys and Girls). Chat with the team Captains (same before any age group): "Gentlemen/Ladies, Soccer only has 17 Laws, only 5 of which really Govern play on the Pitch. But my name is Fred Evans, and I have a 'Law 18.' Everyone who walks onto my field will walk off under their own power; do we have a perfect understanding?''

In the Association/Leagues/youth, Sr Men's/Women's, etc., I was know to be the 'Fasted Official with a Yellow Card;' no remotely "a close second."

Before Match with the folks they were always refereed to as 'Players,' not kids, men, ladies .. .just 'Players.' They got the message.

You have Games/Matches that are burned into your brain even a day short of 70 (that's true, I'll be 70 tomorrow). THE MATCH for 'Money/Marble/and Chalk in the Woman's League. Found out later both teams had requested I be the 'Center' "We feel safe when he's on the field." Finding that out stopped my watch cold; maybe I was doing thing 'right?' A suck your breath away to hear that if you loved "The Great Game." They knew?

End Game was 2-2 and even after the OT play .. still 2-2. God I hate 'shoot outs' one on one with the respective Goalies (Players participating have to be on the field if you go there).

22 truly exhausted woman.

'OK, everyone sit down and I'm pooped and going to take a rest break. Let's all get some water and sit in the 10 yard center circle and we'll go over how this works.' The looks at me were a total 'Say WHAT?????'

Five (alternating) took 'one on one's' with the defending Goalie. Dead even .. next 5 .. Crud .. dead even. Next five we had a 'winner.' Or not?

I strongly suspect that both teams got 'shxt faced' after all that was over. I went home and mowed my lawn. Well, that part is probably not quite true.

fae
futuramille and joerouse like this.