The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 09:16 PM

fishnskiguy is a jewel in the roughfishnskiguy is a jewel in the roughfishnskiguy is a jewel in the roughfishnskiguy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Did anyone catch anything over the weekend in the Rockies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
I really need to find a place like that close to home, would help my wife and I as we just started out and arnt great casters yet... Dealing with trees/shrubs really sucks =\
Try the creek above Brainard lake in the Indian Peaks.

Good luck.

Chris
Old 06-11-2012, 09:20 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Did anyone catch anything over the weekend in the Rockies?

Being in Broomfield I would think your closest places with least amount of brush. All are probably 1 or 1 1/2 hr drive

Some stretches of all of the following are brush / tree free not 100% brush free but very fishable

1) Big T Canyon (crowds on weekends in the open spots are usually there)
2) Poudre
3) Clear Creek
4) Blue / Gore / Eagle for bigger fish / water

Moraine park in RMNP is fairly open but usually a little crowded for my liking, most of the rest of the park excpet lakes is pretty brushy

"Snap it" Hank Patterson