The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 03:21 PM

bassguitarplayer has a spectacular aura aboutbassguitarplayer has a spectacular aura aboutbassguitarplayer has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Blue River, Colorado- Help needed

I've had the best luck using miracle midges pupae flies, San Juan worms, and caddis emergers. Stones work in the quicker riffles too. I've had zero luck fishing drys on the Blue.

The outlet mall spot is a great place to start, then check out the Green Mountain tailwater. But, that river, like all of them right now, is really low so the fish are skiddish.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:28 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Blue River, Colorado- Help needed

I had a few hours today before a dinner meetingin Breckenridge so I thought Id hit the Blue at the outlets. Since it was Wednesday I didnt expect massive crowds and there were a handful of guys on the water but not bad. It was slow for a while then all of a sudden the water was full of big fish. I had 3 or 4 on that I lost but then I landed a FAT 15" rainbow. On my way I had one bust me off and when he rolled he was way bigger than the 15"er Id guess him in the 19" plus range

I dont feel bad losing so many when your fishing a size 22 midge barbless it happens, but it was still fun

it was cool just watching them, where in the water column they were feeding , led me to choose a size 22 WD40 and it did the trick
mcnerney likes this.

"Snap it" Hank Patterson