The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 02:42 PM

newtofly is on a distinguished road
Default Where to fish between South Fork/Wolf Creek Colorado?

Hello all,

I am trying to find a few streams to fish right off Hwy 160. I know the Rio and the South Fork of the Rio and have caught a lot of nice fish in them. Always looking to find some new water to try out.
Can anyone give info on Beaver Creek or Pass Creek? Also, how do I get to the San Juan Headwaters off of 160 near Wolf Creek. Directions would be great.
I am strictly catch and release and will be fishing this area for a week in early Sept. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Where to fish between South Fork/Wolf Creek Colorado?

Bump to see if I could get any help. Thanks for reading.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:53 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Wish I could help, I've been wanting to get down that way but haven't made it yet.

Larry
Old 08-04-2012, 06:46 PM

gbanker is just really nicegbanker is just really nicegbanker is just really nicegbanker is just really nice

I fished Beaver Creek several times about 12 years ago. Small waters with brush. If you could find an opening good to excellent for 12" trout. No info as to current conditions. Good luck.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:59 AM

Thanks for at least posting guys and I will try to post my report on the area with pictures when I get back from this trip.
Was really hoping someone who has fished the headwaters of the San Juan would chime in since I never have and I will be taking a small group of friends with me this year who are all novice fly fishermen at best. Not that i'm Lefty Kreh or anything. But I find having an idea of what you might be seeing when you are taking others out helps a ton. Thanks again guys/gals, and if anyone has some SJ headwaters advice please let me know.
Also, we are all going to be catch and release. Feel free to PM me if you have a few spots that you don't want the world to know about.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:58 AM

gbanker is just really nicegbanker is just really nicegbanker is just really nicegbanker is just really nice

just in Creede the other day. There are at least two fly shops there that may be able to help with info. I think one is an Orvis shop that you might be able to find online.