The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 01:15 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of
Default Re: Gibbon River - Yellowstone N.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by argail View Post

What flies did you use when catch Whitefish ?
Double nymph rig... #12 Prince on the dropper, #14 simple BHPT on the tag...

Top row here
Click the image to open in full size.
mcnerney likes this.

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring
Old 08-02-2012, 01:18 PM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

What's that fly in the 4th row?

I was also tempted to ask.. what flies didn't catch whitefish?.. lol
mcnerney likes this.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:40 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

Great post , and to get the shots of the wolf was awesome.I love fishing in the Yelloowstone area but it has been 6yrs since i been there.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:44 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhayden View Post

What's that fly in the 4th row?
Those are my Hare's Ear's

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring
Old 08-02-2012, 01:58 PM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

Nice.. I like that version..
Old 08-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Joe: Very interesting looking Hare's Ear's pattern, sure does look fishy!

Larry
Old 08-02-2012, 05:21 PM

dharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the rough

Well done. The photos were great and your general positive attitude is reflected in every shot. Sometimes lemons are SWEET
Old 08-02-2012, 10:21 PM

argail is just really niceargail is just really niceargail is just really niceargail is just really niceargail is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenacron View Post
Double nymph rig... #12 Prince on the dropper, #14 simple BHPT on the tag...

Top row here
O ok, thank you very much for photo!
Old 08-04-2012, 07:45 AM

jimbaker488 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenacron View Post
we took the scenic route through Billings, MT and then SW through Beartooth Pass... that was an amazing driving experience! So many alpine lakes up there... I wondered if there were trout - perhaps Golden Trout - in any of them?

I made that same NE to SW drive last year for the first time myself - truly spectacular and great highway all the way. I also wondered about the fishing in those alpine lakes ? I'm not sure which MT drive I like the most, Beartooth or Going-To-The-Sun up in Glacier NP ?
That's a nice box and assortment of flies, got any particular website you'd recommend for your supplies ? I'd been using that guy out of Eagle, ID some but he's apparently gone out of business ?
Do you fish the Provo River in your own neighborhood much ?
Old 08-07-2012, 04:18 PM

countr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to behold

Hecks yeah!!! Great string of pics. I'd say you just about covered the spectrum!!! Bows, browns, whitey, and a black wolf. Amazing