The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By woodrivertroutbum
  • 1 Post By Guest1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 10:04 AM

jdwy is on a distinguished road
Default Fishing Restrictions

Don't know if double posting is against the rules but I also posted this in the general forum:
Anybody planning a trip to various rivers and lakes in Montana and Wyoming would do well to check first. On this morning's local news they announced various rivers that are closed for fishing due to extremely warm water because of our abnormal heat wave. Caught me by surprise and I wasn't paying a lot of attention, but I think most of the closures were up in MT.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:20 AM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Fishing Restrictions

Did you see here some in MT? All I've seen is Wyoming..
ETA : Did Find these:

http://fwp.mt.gov/fishing/guide/waterClosure.html

Thanks

Last edited by dhayden; 07-31-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:52 PM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough

Most of the rivers that are being closed are up north by me. I think most of the rivers south by Dave are doing better. No need to worry hopefully with some colder weather next week. About ten degrees cooler.

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com
Old 07-31-2012, 11:15 PM

woodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the rough

In my opinion, fly anglers should have made the call themselves (I hope many have) long before it was even on the news. To me, a thermometer is one of the most important tools in my pack. Anything around 68F I am questioning if I want to bother the fish and anything above that, I am leaving in search of cooler water.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:34 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrivertroutbum View Post
In my opinion, fly anglers should have made the call themselves (I hope many have) long before it was even on the news.
You are correct sir! However, we live in a world where we have an unreasonably high jackassery factor. I would like to think the fly folks are a bit better than the gear and bait chuckers, and likely they are. I'll bet there was still a pile of them that didn't. Self restraint is not a common characteristic these days.
woodrivertroutbum likes this.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:01 AM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

Just saw this...
Yellowstone To Implement Fishing Closures - Yellowstone National Park