The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 02:57 PM

gjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the rough
Default Wanted: Fishing Reports

There was some conversation on an earlier thread about how many of us get frustrated at what seem to be embellished if not dishonest fishing reports from some (not all) fly shops. While we understand that a fly shop is a business and they need to get people to come to their neck of the woods, it is very disheartening to get to a river after a long drive and have the conditions be very different than those reported.

So, we are calling for all of you who frequent this area of the forums to post your honest reports as often as possible. The more the better. Not only does it give us all an idea of what is fishing hot or cold, it gives us an idea of which members tend to frequent certain rivers so we can mine for information. Also, it is just plain awesome to see photos and hear the yarns of people who fish the most beautiful mountains in the word.

So post as often as you can and just be as honest as possible. Enjoy.

Gary
Old 08-22-2012, 03:50 PM

vitesse304 has a spectacular aura aboutvitesse304 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Wanted: Fishing Reports

I've seen this pop up every once in a while on various forums...

The issue is that people will take and take, and never give back. Meaning, people will read all the reports that people have put hard work into, but then they never post a report in return.

Also, lots of people tend to object to "hot spotting" and won't post a report, but will again, readily read a report on a place they are unfamiliar with and go to town.

Eventually, everybody gets disgruntled, and the reports languish and eventually disappear.

It's a valiant effort, and I'll do my part, but be warned...I hope that I am proven wrong!

Maybe a "special" forum could be created that limits the people that can view it? You have to post at least 1 review a month, or you lose access to it?