The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2012, 12:21 PM

jimbaker488 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Driving from Bozeman, MT to Telluride, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhayden View Post
Lots of fishing along the Gallatin.. all the way down Highway 191 into the park.

If you're buying Montana and YNP licenses.. no worries.. but have them before you go south, so you don't have to worry mile marker 30 (4 corners in Bozeman is mile maker ~82) (once inside the park boundary, it's 55 and they use radar - be careful - lol)

Good shops at Bozeman in 4 Corners, another in Big Sky .. you'll go right by.

Smokey right now.. a few fires started yesterday.

Allow time in West Yellowstone to check out the fly shops - I think there's 5.. Blue Ribbon , Arricks are musts.

Fishing reports:

Fins and Feathers - Montana Fly Fishing Guides and Fly Shop
Montana Troutfitters | Montana Fly Fishing Reports, Bozeman Fly Fisihng Reports
Blue Ribbon Flies

Enjoy the trip!
Great post dhayden, very helpful info.
I'm out that way later this month and I'm going to see if I can get my MT license OLine so I've got it in hand when I arrive. I suspect the only way to get a permit in YS NP is in person @ the Park ?
Old 09-02-2012, 01:33 PM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Driving from Bozeman, MT to Telluride, CO

All the local shops sell them here, I'm sure that's true for most of the shops that are near a park entrance.

It's probably hard to get into the park without passing a number of fly shops that would have both MT and YNP licenses available