The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 01:38 PM

dharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the rough
Default This time next week

Hi,

It has been about 16 months since I have been able to take a weeks vacation and I can't wait to arrive in Missoula next week! My buddy and I have been planning this trip for well over a year. My first post to this site was around the first of June last year and the posting name was something like “DIY Trip 2012” which was later changed to "Lewis and Harks Expedition 2012", thanks to Larry.

I just wanted to take the time to recognize the administrators of this site and to thank all of the individuals that have assisted me (us) for the last year or so in the planning of this trip. I never thought that I would be able to gather so much information and “meet” such a great group of people on any website. While in Missoula, I plan to meet some forum members, shake their hands, buy them lunch, and maybe even fish their waters with them.

I promise to do my best to post photos of the trip and I will try to describe the trip to the best of my ability when I get home.

This DIY trip would not have been possible without a website like this!

Thanks again,
Dan
Old 09-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: This time next week

Hey Dan,

I wish you good weather and plenty of fish on your line. I believe you're going to meet up with John D. while up there, he is a good fellow. Have a safe trip and take plenty of pictures.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-10-2012, 12:11 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

have a great trip and enjoy your time there.
i used to live in missoula. fishing is awesome, people are awesome and sometimes i do regret not living there still
on another note, do your self a favor and one evening make your way to the dinosaur cafe in the back of charlie b's on higgins. best nola food outside of nola.
period.

casey
dean_mt likes this.

ARFE
Old 09-10-2012, 11:03 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
do your self a favor and one evening make your way to the dinosaur cafe in the back of charlie b's on higgins. best nola food outside of nola.
period.
And still one of the more diverse places you'll find Montana. I didn't know you used to live here, Casey. When was that?

Dan: The weather has been fantastic. Every morning feels like fishing to me now (I mean more so than the average day), crisp and cool. A fire blew up down in the Bitterroot just S of Hamilton which is only 50 miles from here. Today is another "Red Flag" warning which mean low humidity and high winds. I'm afraid that fire is gonna get a little worse before it gets better. Been really smokey in the valley yesterday and today. I escaped it on the Blackfoot yesterday.

Talk to you soon!
Old 09-10-2012, 12:37 PM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

I'll be driving through Missoula on the way to Washington to do a little Stellheading.. I'll wave - lol

Hope you have a good trip.. and try the correct side oif the divide next time
Old 09-10-2012, 01:21 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhayden View Post
I'll be driving through Missoula on the way to Washington to do a little Stellheading.. I'll wave - lol

Hope you have a good trip.. and try the correct side oif the divide next time
Easy kitty!

We've got more water and less smoke...this year.

Good luck steelheadin.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Dan: Best wishes for a great vacation fishing in Montana! Even with the low water year, I'm sure you will get into some awesome fishing and have a wonderful time. Take lots of photos, they don't all have to be fish shots, we love the river/landscape photos just as much.

Larry

Old 09-10-2012, 03:47 PM

dharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the rough

Can't we all just get along?

Dave,

I have a rather strange feeling that this won't be my last trip to your great state. Maybe next year I can try your side of the fence. The simple fact that Dean_Mt is paying for my air fair (just for talking nice about him on this site) is going to be tough to beat! What are you asking for?........................Ard or Larry.........You in? Dave's buying!
Old 09-10-2012, 05:25 PM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

That side of the divide needs to pay for people to come fish... lol
Old 09-10-2012, 09:29 PM

If only it were true, Dave...

But the season of solitary fishing is nearly upon us! O how I love fishing during hunting season!