The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By pb_colorado

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 04:33 PM

mhaith is on a distinguished road
Default Carp Fishing the S. Platte

Can anyone recommend a good carp guide for some city fishing?
Old 10-01-2012, 06:27 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carp Fishing the S. Platte

Call Trout's Fly Fishing in Denver. I know some of the folks there are really into carp fishing on the S Platte and have always been helpful when I've been in there. Also Colorado Trout Fisher guide service. I've used the parent company's guides on private water for trout and they were top notch
Old 02-12-2013, 01:07 PM

pb_colorado is on a distinguished road

i know your original post was a while back, but Colorado Skies Outfitters in Parker is offering a winter special for carp (and trout) on the urban South Platte. Denver, CO Guided Fly Fishing Trips | South Platte Carp & Trout Trips

we went out with Theo last year around the end of February, with pretty good success on our half day excursion. 4 carp, 2 bows between three of us in 4 hours.
Click the image to open in full size.
mcnerney and williamhj like this.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:45 PM

gretch6364 is on a distinguished road

Anyone fish further downstream from REI? If there are fish just above the REI, I am guessing there should be some just below before any more **** gets dumped into the river? Just looking for places within bicycle/walking distance of the REI due to where I live. Want to leave a lined up carp rod by the front door :-)