The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 3 Post By bassguitarplayer
  • 1 Post By MoscaPescador
  • 1 Post By jpbfly
  • 1 Post By mcnerney
  • 2 Post By fredaevans
  • 1 Post By mtboiler
  • 1 Post By cgrphoto
  • 1 Post By thorsten
  • 1 Post By bassguitarplayer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 10:01 AM

bassguitarplayer has a spectacular aura aboutbassguitarplayer has a spectacular aura aboutbassguitarplayer has a spectacular aura about
Default 15 minutes of fame

I went out to my favorite spot on The Blue yesterday. I got skunked all morning so I decided to take a walk a little further down stream than where I usually go.

I found a nice spot with what I figured would be a nice feeding lie. So I tossed my line in the water and BAM!! Got a nice 5" wild brown.

Once that fish was off the hook, I tossed my line back in the same spot and a couple of cast later I got a 10" rainbow!

Then another brown, another big rainbow, a good sized brown, and then a little baby rainbow.

in 15 minutes, I caught 6 fish, in the same feeding lie!!

That's a first for me. It was awesome!!

Here are pictures of the two biggies I caught

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
williamhj, double dry and thorsten like this.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:15 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 15 minutes of fame

It looked like you found the feeding lane. Good job.
bassguitarplayer likes this.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

A blessed quarter of an hour...Congrats
Old 10-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the great fishing! Sometimes it pays to scout around. Yesterday I was on the Green planning on fishing this big pool when I decided to throw my flies up into the rifle above and to my surprise I was into fish on every other cast, nothing real big but lots of great action.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:44 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

I think we can safely assume your next trip will involve a bit longer walk .....
mcnerney and bassguitarplayer like this.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:04 PM

mtboiler will become famous soon enoughmtboiler will become famous soon enough

I use to live in Frisco...and to be honest, some of the best fishing is downstream from the dam. Everyone fishes at the dam...and it gets pounded. That section definitely has bigger fish...but you got to be good to catch them and they are fickle. Going for a walk past the overpass all the way down to town hall gives you plenty of water and good fishing for decent size fish. Not as many hogs...but easier to catch.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:47 PM

cgrphoto is on a distinguished road

Those are some real purdy fish!
Old 10-05-2012, 03:31 PM

thorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura about

What a wonderful trout - CONGRATULATIONS, you did a very good job

THORSTEN
Old 10-05-2012, 04:07 PM

bassguitarplayer has a spectacular aura aboutbassguitarplayer has a spectacular aura aboutbassguitarplayer has a spectacular aura about

Thanks everyone!! Yeah that was pretty cool! I had to share.

I didn't mention that my fishing buddy was sitting on the shore the entire time untangling his line. I kept yelling "hurry up and get over here!!!" But he didn't get his line rigged up in time to catch any fish. I hogged them all. HAHAHA
wt bash likes this.