Weather?

dhayden

Reaction score
We got the first snow of the season today.. anyone else?

I think we're behind Utah.. looks like they got snow last week

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Dave: No snow here yet in Pinedale, WY, but we had snow last week in the Wind River Range behind town. It's definitely cooling off and won't be long before we are covered in the white stuff! In the meantime I'm trying to get in as much fishing as possible. Waded on the Green yesterday and doing a float tomorrow.......retirement sure is rough! :D

Troutwhisperer

Reaction score
Had some snow out here on the plains east of the Rockies.

I just read some good news. Headhunters is reporting BWOs below holter. Getting excited for my trip on the mo for a few days after I get my antelope down this weekend.

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor
The county robo called me this evening with a severe winter storm advisory. We are going to get up to a foot of snow tonight, so I guess I can put the popper boxes away. :( I think I'll put the Simms away while I'm at it and get out the neoprenes. Summer was to warm this year. We always pay for it in the end. Winter will probably be early and cold.

Oh I almost forgot, it's raining right now so when it does turn to snow it will be on a layer of ice. Weeeeeeee, how much fun is that! :cool:

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Dan,

Sounds nice :D You spotted my snow picture last week I hope......... We got about 4" but it settled fast and melted by the next morning even in the woods down back. I went fishing today and by 3:30 PM it started a good rain. I caught some trout 7 or 8 I think and the last one of the day was a good rod bender in swift water. It was only a foot or so but did plenty of jumping and racing up and down the creek. Naturally this occurred in the worst tangle of down trees I had fished through. I tried to drag it up rather than to duck and weave down to calmer water and he (I saw it at the shore line) came loose at the edge of the water :( Too bad, a really pretty fish with great colors.

Ard

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor
Sounds like fun Ard. Did the snow all melt off?

If they are right about how much we are going to get, and they rarely are, it could be a few days before it's gone. I've seen years here where it got here in October and stayed. I hope this isn't one of them. It is pretty early in October so I doubt it's here to stay. You never know with this place though.

I was hoping to get to do some more poppers for Pike in, but this is likely going to put an end that fun. Have to go dig out the warm clothes, the neoprenes and deeper flies.

cgrphoto

Reaction score
Chilly here in Denver, with potential snow on Friday/Saturday. Like a switch from Summer to Winter....

nickj

Reaction score
A few flakes today.... When flatlanders ask me about snow I tell them "it doesn't snow here in August". I've had it every other month.

crruns

Reaction score
Some of the West country and higher elevations got snow here Tuesday night, as well. Nothing that's sticking around, but the mountains I can see from my office in Calgary, and there is snow sticking around up there, more every day.

Chad

caseywise

Reaction score
here in northern illinois we're dealin with cold mornigs(35-45), and really warm afternoons(70-75).
makes for difficult fishing and even more difficulty in transporting my daughter to school on my bike.:p:D:D:p

pretty soon snow suit time. lol:D:D

casey

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
neoprenes???????

Where can you buy a good pair these days?
I have no idea, my neoprenes are from my Alaska days, sure glad I still have them, they came in handy on yesterday's float, it was 19 degrees when we left the house at 6:30 am.......now they are talking about snow here in town later today! Argh! I'm not ready for winter.

Larry