The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 11:58 AM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold
Default Weather?

We got the first snow of the season today.. anyone else?

I think we're behind Utah.. looks like they got snow last week
Old 10-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weather?

Dave: No snow here yet in Pinedale, WY, but we had snow last week in the Wind River Range behind town. It's definitely cooling off and won't be long before we are covered in the white stuff! In the meantime I'm trying to get in as much fishing as possible. Waded on the Green yesterday and doing a float tomorrow.......retirement sure is rough!

Old 10-03-2012, 07:05 PM

mtboiler will become famous soon enoughmtboiler will become famous soon enough

Whitefish Mountain was completely white this morning...upper still has a dusting too.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:14 PM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough

Had some snow out here on the plains east of the Rockies.

I just read some good news. Headhunters is reporting BWOs below holter. Getting excited for my trip on the mo for a few days after I get my antelope down this weekend.

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com
Old 10-03-2012, 09:23 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Yep. Almost down to town.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:56 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

The county robo called me this evening with a severe winter storm advisory. We are going to get up to a foot of snow tonight, so I guess I can put the popper boxes away. I think I'll put the Simms away while I'm at it and get out the neoprenes. Summer was to warm this year. We always pay for it in the end. Winter will probably be early and cold.

Oh I almost forgot, it's raining right now so when it does turn to snow it will be on a layer of ice. Weeeeeeee, how much fun is that!
Old 10-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Dan,

Sounds nice You spotted my snow picture last week I hope......... We got about 4" but it settled fast and melted by the next morning even in the woods down back. I went fishing today and by 3:30 PM it started a good rain. I caught some trout 7 or 8 I think and the last one of the day was a good rod bender in swift water. It was only a foot or so but did plenty of jumping and racing up and down the creek. Naturally this occurred in the worst tangle of down trees I had fished through. I tried to drag it up rather than to duck and weave down to calmer water and he (I saw it at the shore line) came loose at the edge of the water Too bad, a really pretty fish with great colors.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-04-2012, 12:31 AM

ak allen has a spectacular aura aboutak allen has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to ak allen

We had our first snowfall in Fairbanks last weekend. But sadly it wasn't much and it melted fast.
"To go fishing is the chance to wash one's soul with pure air, with the rush of the brook, or with the shimmer of sun on blue water. It brings meekness and inspiration from the decency of nature, charity toward tackle-makers, patience toward fish, a mockery of profits and egos, a quieting of hate, a rejoicing that you do not have to decide a darned thing until next week. And it is discipline in the equality of men - for all men are equal before fish."
~ Herbert Hoover
Old 10-04-2012, 01:37 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like fun Ard. Did the snow all melt off?

If they are right about how much we are going to get, and they rarely are, it could be a few days before it's gone. I've seen years here where it got here in October and stayed. I hope this isn't one of them. It is pretty early in October so I doubt it's here to stay. You never know with this place though.

I was hoping to get to do some more poppers for Pike in, but this is likely going to put an end that fun. Have to go dig out the warm clothes, the neoprenes and deeper flies.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:38 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I was excited because the weather was starting to get colder here in NY, but now today its back up to almost 70... meteorological trickery I tell you!!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...