The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 02:23 PM

vitesse304 has a spectacular aura aboutvitesse304 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: I'm back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosa View Post
Those pan pics are killing me right now - one of my fav winter spots. I'm hoping that in a few weeks, I'll be able to be out there.

And that 25 incher isn't real - that's just a fantastic photographer, plus the fact that you have skinny, little fingers
I will admit...I did have an amazing photographer.

Heal up soon...I'm thinking of hitting the Pan again. I spent the holidays down in Pueblo and it was fishing OK...but none of those fish were making my reel sing like those pigs from the Pan!

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassguitarplayer View Post
Glad to see you out fishing again!! I did some winter fishing at Deckers last week and caught a nice looking brown. Maybe we could meet up on the Blue one of these days?
How was Deckers? I keep wanting to go, but I really seem to have bad luck down there so I tend to despise the place...

The Blue in town isn't fishing like it really should...hopefully this colder weather has helped ease up the pressure on it. Fishing is technical, but tougher than years past...
Old 12-31-2012, 04:34 PM

bassguitarplayer has a spectacular aura aboutbassguitarplayer has a spectacular aura aboutbassguitarplayer has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: I'm back!

The day I went to Deckers there were a few guys out there. I was surprised it was crowded even in winter. That place is always crowded. I had a bite early on when the sun was out, but I actually landed a decent sized brown under one of those bridges past the tackle store when the weather turned really cold.

Too bad The Blue isn't fishing well in town. How is it below GM reservoir? Looks like you caught a few there.