The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Troutwhisperer
  • 1 Post By brucerducer
  • 2 Post By pa dave
  • 1 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By Troutwhisperer
  • 2 Post By webrx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 10:14 PM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough
Default heres your sign

The following took place the day before new years eve.

You know its time to call it quits when you brake a rod, a reel and your friend drops your back to the back up combo in the river and the reel freezes all by the wolf creek bridge on a float from the dam to Craig.

It was a bad day all in all. My friend forgot his own gloves so we switched back and forth rowing to stay warm with one frozen rod with a frozen reel. We even try to start a fire with no success. Thank you simms for putting hand Warmers in your jacket. At least we caught a fish and still had fun but I have a feeling there was a reason we where the only people fishing that day...
brucerducer likes this.

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com
Old 01-06-2013, 07:21 AM

brucerducer will become famous soon enoughbrucerducer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: heres your sign

TroutWhisperer:

But, ...you were dedicated. That counts for something.

All those other woosies, like me for example, were at home reading books on Caddisflies and such.
You were actually Fly fishing.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:12 AM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough

Isn't it great how "bad days" make for good stories, too?
mcnerney and noreaster like this.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Troy: What counts is that you were out on the water with a good friend fishing. The equipment can be either thawed out or replaced. Congrats for getting out and enjoying the outdoors!

Larry
shortyb likes this.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:00 PM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough

Yeah. It was still fun. My favorite quote of the day from him. "A lot of these trips I go with you on are ending up becoming trips you say, welll at least we did it."

Our next trip is hiking since its his fortay. Hopefully none of his stuff breaks...
mcnerney likes this.

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com
Old 01-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutwhisperer View Post
Yeah. It was still fun. My favorite quote of the day from him. "A lot of these trips I go with you on are ending up becoming trips you say, welll at least we did it."

Our next trip is hiking since its his fortay. Hopefully none of his stuff breaks...
Troy: At least you live in a place for some great hiking. This fall I read Rich Osthoff's book on Fly-Fishing the Rocky Mountain Backcountry. That guy is a hiking machine and puts in some amazingly long hikes into the backcountry, but the interesting thing I found is that he doesn't carry any pots/pans/stove or fuel to cut the weight and allow for some long days on the trail. Anyway, it is a very interesting read if you get interested in doing backcountry fly fishing.

Larry

Old 01-18-2013, 08:42 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Fo the longest time my fishing buddy and I went through the your more nuts than I am phase - when I would say im going fishing - you want to go? Then one day he said that to me while we were ice breaking through the water near shore so we could float tube in the open water 30 feet off shore for 30 min to an hour at a time before we had to get ashore and thaw out. I replied, yeah, it was my idea, but you agreed to come along, so which one of us is more nuts?

Now we just agree that we are both fishing nuts and we can always say "at least we tried or yeah, been there, done that, got the tshirt".

I fish year round usually, lakes when I can, river when the lakes are frozen, snowing, raining, blowing, etc.

fish on!

d
mcnerney and Troutwhisperer like this.

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.