The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 11:15 AM

revor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cache la Poudre River, Fort Collins?

I wouldn't forget the snowy range waters. Lots of good fishing over there!!
It might be a little farther but these waters see a lot less pressure and it's not an out of state license.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:14 AM

slicedog is on a distinguished road

What waters are you talking about? Isn't the snowy range in WY?
Old 04-27-2013, 06:43 AM

two_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of light

I think he might be speaking to me, the original poster. Yeah I have been over doing some hiking in the snowies lately. I am actually going camping on Monday over by Woods Landing, so I am throwing in the fly gear so I can hit a few places along the Big Laramie. Water is low and clear, but should be able to grab a few fish out of the bigger holes. Hopefully all goes well.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:52 AM

4peace1piece will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SdDryFly View Post
I think he might be speaking to me, the original poster. Yeah I have been over doing some hiking in the snowies lately. I am actually going camping on Monday over by Woods Landing, so I am throwing in the fly gear so I can hit a few places along the Big Laramie. Water is low and clear, but should be able to grab a few fish out of the bigger holes. Hopefully all goes well.
Yikes man, I don't know that the Laramie River won't be blow out by now. I just checked the flows at the Woods Landing reader, and yesterday the cfs went from about 60 to about 140. I'd expect you to be fishing murky water with ice chunks...hope I'm wrong.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:23 PM

bmfa is on a distinguished road

All I can say is "I love the Poudre". Most underrated river in Colorado. River always surprises me. Rather its a "22 brownie in the lower canyon or a "20 cuttie in the upper stretch, the river has fish. Just need to get on it and learn. Nymphing is the way to go early on but don't shy away from some big rubber legged hair flies later on. Midgemans older blogs will help ya.
Tightlines, Bob
Old 05-01-2013, 01:18 PM

slicedog is on a distinguished road

Fishing in town was great yesterday. Close to 20 fish landed in in two hours. All on dries. Midges came off first and then a solid BWO rounded out the back end. Caught a good 17 in cuttbow at the end, then called it a day.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:28 PM

two_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, the big Laramie got pretty murky throughout the day on Monday with the run off. Didn't even fish.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:41 AM

revor is on a distinguished road

A little later the lake up top can get pretty exciting, Libby lake has some big splakes in it.
Loads of little Brookies in the creeks flowing down the mountains as well.
It great up there in summer, nice temperatures!!