The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 02:45 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bitterroot River, first fish of the year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonder View Post
Nice......that's the way to spend a birthday.......I believe the Bitterroot is in my future this year.........say about mid september......thanks for sharing
Should be a good time to be there. The river will be low like it is now, easy wading...tough fishing, very rewarding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
Looks like you had a great day John, congratulations. Victor is full of eye candy if you like log homes.
You got that right, Dave! Not like it was 10 years ago though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhayden View Post
We've been having some warmer weather too - went out and floated the Madison on Saturday... terrible wind, but lots of fish
I had considered driving up to Craig but was afraid of being literally blown out! Plus I was little hungover and couldn't leave early enough.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:24 PM

dharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the rough

Very nice John. I could almost "hear" the excitement in the words. Take care.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:27 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Love the Bitterroot in the Hamilton area and up stream. 3wt 2hander and a 3wt single. Pure Joy to fish.

fae
Old 03-08-2013, 11:19 AM

blackbugger is a glorious beacon of lightblackbugger is a glorious beacon of lightblackbugger is a glorious beacon of lightblackbugger is a glorious beacon of lightblackbugger is a glorious beacon of light

Happy belated birthday!

I love this time of year, everything is opening up and the fish are hungry.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:59 AM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbugger View Post
Happy belated birthday!

I love this time of year, everything is opening up and the fish are hungry.
Thanks bugger and gitty up! (Is it Beaverhead season yet?)

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Love the Bitterroot in the Hamilton area and up stream. 3wt 2hander and a 3wt single. Pure Joy to fish.
You've got that right Fred! I haven't fished the upper river in few years, but it sure it great water.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:01 PM

imxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of light

Dean

Always like to see pix of Montana, thanks and a belated Happy Birthday.

Paul

Nature, Cheaper than Therapy

LIVE TODAY
Old 03-10-2013, 05:19 PM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough

John we gotta hit the Missouri before I move to Dillon for the summer.

Or you can come fish the beaverhead or big hole.

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com
Old 03-10-2013, 11:37 PM

long bow will become famous soon enough

Happy belated birthday and a tip of the hat to the choice of RR. Still on sale I think? Gotta love that the 'root is starting to give it up...
Old 03-11-2013, 12:01 PM

Location: live in the south, but have a second home in Durango Co. Hope to be there full time some day!
troutcomegetit is on a distinguished road

Fantastic! Than you so much for sharing. Looks like a lot of snow off the banks. Were there many other anglers out? Good stuff. Cheers
Old 03-11-2013, 12:25 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like this is going to be a low water year on the Bitterroot per the Ravalli Republic newspaper (yesterdays addition). Lower than normal snow pack this winter. Odd off but I fell in 'love' with that little local newspaper and read the on line addition every day.

The fun thing is you'll not just the local news but really interesting stuff you'd never find in a big city rag. Not unusual to find a story that the writer didn't just pull a news feed off the printer, but really did some back ground checking and drops in a "Well, well, well, what do we have here?"

fae