The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By slicedog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 08:19 AM

slicedog is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone been up to the miracle mile recently?

Has anyone been up to the miracle mile recently? Heading up there this weekend. Hopefully it will produce well.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:38 AM

cimarron has a spectacular aura aboutcimarron has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Anyone been up to the miracle mile recently?

This week-end? Have you checked the weather? Son lives in Rawlins, said I-80 may be closed east of Rawlins. With all the snow they got, it may be difficult fishing. Good luck
Old 04-10-2013, 10:05 AM

Well ****, that throws a wrench in my plans. was looking good till the storm hit this week. would grey reef be a better option?

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

THey have I-80 closed east of cheyenne from the looks of it on the state website. So may be ok.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:30 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

One option if I-80 is closed at Elk Mtn/Arlington is to take hwy 287 north out of Laramie and follow that all the way around until it connects back into I-80 just short of Sinclair. That is my preferred route when the wx stacks in at Elk Mtn as it can get really nasty, but has gotten better with the electronic speed signs that force the truck traffic to slow down in bad wx.
Another option to get to the Miracle Mile is to take hwy 287 north out of Laramie, then at Medicine Bow turn right on hwy 487, follow that north until you see hwy 77, turn left on it (it will eventually connect back to hwy 487), about half way around you will see a big wooden sign on the left that will take you over to the Miracle Mile, just be careful, there is a Y in the road and the first time I misread the direction arrow and went left, instead you need to stay to the right and eventually it will take you to the Miracle Mile. I probably wouldn't advise taking that route if it has snowed recently, it is pretty remote out there with just a few scattered farm houses so I have no idea how often it gets plowed.
shortyb likes this.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:00 PM

I usually take 287 up from fort collins through laramie and then get off in Hannah and take hanna leo draw rd up to kortes rd. Think that might be open?
Old 04-15-2013, 12:26 PM

Fishing was alright on the mile this weekend. Out of the seven I landed all but one was taken on eggs. Smallest was 16 largest was 22. The weather report changed on us and it never got out of the 20's on sunday, Had deice the ferules regularly. Camped out and woke up to a few inches of snow on the ground. Still a good trip with decent hookups.
shortyb likes this.